Setting up surround sound

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
When setting up a surround sound system with the two fronts, two back, and one centrer channel speaker, how do you know which ones are left and right? Is it facing the tv, or looking the other way? Also, my xbox does dolby digital with optical audio, so does my reciever. I have the cable for it. Anybody know how to set it up?

adam

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Right and left are from the seated position facing the TV.

I think XBOX needs the HD pack connection. You have to enable digital output in the XBOX dashboard. Should be something in the setup of your receiver to assign the desired optical input to the desired receiver mode (i.e. video1, video2, etc..).

XBOX DD in game sounds awesome. I was blown away by Mechassault and Enter the Matrix sound effects last week.

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Got everything up and running. You know, in the Matrix the lobby scene...It is so awesome in Dolby Digital! Thanks for your help!:wave:

adam

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
Got everything up and running. You know, in the Matrix the lobby scene...It is so awesome in Dolby Digital! Thanks for your help!:wave:

adam

Too bad I heard the game is terrible! :D

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It was OK. I rented it for a week. A lot of it is just running from door to door, Figuring out where to go next.

There are some cut scenes that add to the movie story line and the "matrix mode" fighting was cool.
Not one of the classic games of our time, but matrix fans should enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson