Second rounder for Palmer

legend

Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds like the price Bengals want for Carson Palmer. Hmm...he's always had good receivers and a pretty good defence. Brutally tough division.
He's way better than what we've got. Can we do better?

seesred

Reaction score
Can we do better is a hard question to answer. IMO Carson has a lot of ball left in him. He has been very succesfull in Cincy. I would be happy with him or Orton as our new QB. The only one I don't want is the guy that used to play for St. louis Bulger.

GBR

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm more than happy with a second rounder, the question is, would he be happy here or just continue to retire?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Palmer would be great... He is not the youngest. But he is good.

I would be happy with Palmer, Orton, then Kolb.

But we have to get one of them...

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Source????

Word.

But if it is true I would like Palmer much more than the other QBs that will be available in trade or FA. Unless Kolb has the same pricetag. I would still rather go Newton or Gabbert (and start Skelton) if they are still there but I wouldn't pull out my violin if we got Palmer. It is nice having a better pick to offer other teams over the 9ers, what ever we do, as long as we make the right choices.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sounds like the price Bengals want for Carson Palmer. Hmm...he's always had good receivers and a pretty good defence. Brutally tough division.

Sound like?

From whom?

Last word from Brown was "wish you the best in retirement, Carson."

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man if we really could get Palmer for a 2nd rounder do it, if any fa qb could help us make the playoff's whenever the nfl starts up again would be palmer.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I honestly don't care who we get Palmer, Kolb, McNabb etc. so long as it's not a rook nor any qb on our roster.

I can't face another year of DA

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
do we have some players to trade???i think the only players we can trade are one between wells or hightower and calais campbell,,

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word.

But if it is true I would like Palmer much more than the other QBs that will be available in trade or FA. Unless Kolb has the same pricetag. I would still rather go Newton or Gabbert (and start Skelton) if they are still there but I wouldn't pull out my violin if we got Palmer. It is nice having a better pick to offer other teams over the 9ers, what ever we do, as long as we make the right choices.

I don't know if I'm getting the players confused but didn't Kolb have some concussion problems last season. This is issue I wish the Cardinals would avoid if possible behind their porous offensive line.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm getting the players confused but didn't Kolb have some concussion problems last season. This is issue I wish the Cardinals would avoid if possible behind their porous offensive line.
Yeah, his noggin might be an issue, I wish all this lockout crap wasn't happening. It's affecting our options bigtime.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I also think Palmer has a lot of football left in him and would be a steal if you could get him for a second rounder. I would do that in a NY minute. He might even be the second coming of Kurt Warner and there is no way we find as good a QB in the second round of the draft. The only problem I see is will the Cards pay the salary he will want. It want be cheap but I think it would be a great move and would likely keep Fitz here. I can see many teams willing to offer a second rounder but we have an advantage in that we are high on the draft board.