Season thread-the road to the playoffs

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
ArizonaD'Backs said:
I can't believe you guys are moaning about being swept by Tampa Bay. They're on a league high 11 game winning streak, are only two games under .500, and just swept us. They're a MUCH better team than us, whether you want to admit it or not.

Did I say anything about Tampa Bay being an inferior team? It doesn't matter who swept us, the point is that our #1 & 2 pitchers lost, we hit into several thousand DPs, and we are playing like crap, regardless of the competition!

If you remember correctly, we were swept by Montreal at home, so how could I say we are a better team than anybody right now??

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ArizonaD'Backs said:
I can't believe you guys are moaning about being swept by Tampa Bay. They're on a league high 11 game winning streak, are only two games under .500, and just swept us. They're a MUCH better team than us, whether you want to admit it or not.
Welcome to the board....

Anyways, none of us downplayed the DRays whatsoever, but are primarily addressing our concerns as to why Brenly has depleted the BP (and continues to abuse his relievers on a daily basis) and as to why they still cant execute the most routine fundamentals......

I must admit that after winning the final game in the Yankees series, that did offer some slight hope that they'd fare better in this series and not get swept at home.... The fact that theyre 13-23 at the BOB is the most staggering thing to me......

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
It appears to me they are headed in all directions at once.

But Raggio knows how to pitch at this level and can give multiple innings. Aquino will be more easily rattled - Oh, I got it! We can have him throw 6 days in a row and blow out his arm! Duh! Silly me!

Mike Fetters, Quentin McCracken - if they're going to run out and sign former Diamondbacks, why don't they go get Schilling and Miggy? We could trade Brandon Lyons, Randolph, and Shane Nance for Curt (two DLs and a lefty).

God, one of these days soon we'll have a rotation of RJ, Webb, Reynolds, Fossum, and Sparks, with Randolph, Fetters, Choate, Good, Koplove, and Villafuerte in the pen; Mayne, Hillenbrand, Alomar, Cintron, Tracy, Gonzo, Fins, Bautista; Brito, Q, Colby, Zinter, Baerga... I didn't think it was possible to be worse than we already are.
If they do promote McCracken ahead of Terrero (based on when he does return to action), Noochie Varner, or even Victor Hall...then...I cant fathom that at all.....I know the Dbacks are still responsible for his salary....

Obviously Reynolds will be in the rotation since he has that guaranteed contract....

Oh well, I honestly dont have much more to add at the moment since Im beyond dumbfounded and rather livid at their recent play.....Just lacking no emotion or desire at all...Just going through the motions.....Thats the first sign that the team has given-up on the manager.....

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll admit it. After that 8th inning yesterday, I switched channels to golf. And I hate golf.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ArizonaD'Backs said:

No matter who the opponent is, no fan should ever be content, at all, with seeing their team swept at home. Even if it is Montreal vs. the Yankees, it's not unreasonable to think the home team can pull out one victory. After all, in MLB, a team that wins at a 2 out of 3 pace, or better, is considered GREAT. A two out of three pace translates into 108 wins for the season. So, most teams fall well below that, even playoff teams.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is what a play.....

Runners on 1st and 2nd for the Padres with 2 outs... Ojeda hits a ground ball to Tracy who throws to 1B, but the runner is safe....However, Nevin decides to continue to run around the bases and Hillenbrand alertly throws a bullet to home for the out....

Hammock had an impressive inning defensively...With his play on that botched sac-bunt, that block on what could have been a wild-pitch, and how he held onto the ball as Nevin barrelled into him.....

Perhaps this will wake the Dbacks up....They seemed revved-up..... Clutch pitching by Koplove as well.....

Need to say something positive about this team! :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've been playing fantasy baseball for probably 10 years and had the game of my life....my team hit 10 homers tonight :shock:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? What? What? What?

That's the only way I can respond to this...... I just dont know...... Uggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dbacks lose 2-1 on a fluke error by Hairston........

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Instead of the D-backs we should call this team the E-backs

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
we suck so bad right now, I can't even bare to think of the E-Backs w/o getting a pain in my chest.... is this what it's like being a true Cards fan too? is this what i have to look forward too?

I always believed Hairston was better than what I saw last nite. When it counts, and a player makes a mistake like that, I begin to wonder how good the kid really is...

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay.... I know everyone is disgusted that the Dbacks have lost their 6th consecutive game, however, there's some consolation.....

At least they've been getting some Quality Starts from Fossum, Sparks, and Johnson over the past 3 games........

However..yeah...I must admit that I predicted the inevitable that there would be a "walk-off" homer for the Padres in the 9th, and cracked-up hysterically... Oh well......

sptsfan63

sptsfan63
Reaction score
Any of you that have given up on the team or just have 3 tickets available for 8/21 or 8/22, let me know. I'm not a scalper. I don't care how bad we are struggling. I don't care if Brenly himself is pitching. I live in NM and will be in town that weekend for the games and don't want to sit in the upper deck nose bleeds. E-mail me at [email protected].

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, let's stop this losing streak. Q comes back to the D'Backs and hits a 2-run home run. Arizona up 8-5 in the 8th.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win!!! The streak is over!!! Now let's start a long winning streak.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win two in row!!! How about Alomar? Bring on the Twins!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave