Season Opener: Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 10-20-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to think about the season!

The Suns open the 2021-22 season at home against the Nuggets on Wednesday at Footprint Center.

It's the season opener for both teams. Injury reports should come out later today.

The Suns next game will be at the Lakers on Friday.

Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and ESPN.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Barton is looking forward to playing the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Ayton did a relatively good job of defending Jokic in the playoffs. Also McGee should see some time defending his old teammate. These match-ups will be fun to watch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No injuries to report for the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We need to win these games and the Utah games to get a top seed!

Bottom line I like our combination of youth, veterans, skills, and coaching.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A loss tonight wouldn't shock me. Denver will be out for blood and I have no idea how we'll come out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A loss tonight wouldn't shock me. Denver will be out for blood and I have no idea how we'll come out.
It kind of would shock me. I just don't think the Suns are going to come out in the season opener flat, and quite frankly we own this team without Jamal Murray - he is the suns killer.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We've been rolling, the playoffs, pre-season, starters are back, we re-upped our bench. Ayton just dominated the mvp a few months ago. I dont see how we dont lose.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've been rolling, the playoffs, pre-season, starters are back, we re-upped our bench. Ayton just dominated the mvp a few months ago. I dont see how we dont lose.
Humor or accidental inclusion of the word "dont"? Of course, if this was the Cards forum, I'd just assume you meant it literally.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need to win these games and the Utah games to get a top seed!

Bottom line I like our combination of youth, veterans, skills, and coaching.
We swept Utah last year and went 1-2 versus the Nuggets but we lost games to team’s like the Spurs and Hornets. Gonna be a long season. I believe in this group. Let’s set the tone. I think Bridges/Booker will lead the team in scoring tonight. Just a hunch. I really think Mikal can take a major leap this year offensively.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We swept Utah last year and went 1-2 versus the Nuggets but we lost games to team’s like the Spurs and Hornets. Gonna be a long season. I believe in this group. Let’s set the tone. I think Bridges/Booker will lead the team in scoring tonight. Just a hunch. I really think Mikal can take a major leap this year offensively.

Didn't we lose to Denver by a total of 2 or 3 points between those 2 games? I remember they came down the last possession. I think the Suns have improved dramatically at closing out close games. They'll win a lot of games they lost last season because of the experience they gained throughout last season and primarily in the postseason.

Denver has been waiting to knock the Suns off their pedestal for a long time now. We sent them home last year. If they aren't out for blood then Mike Malone is a terrible coach and they'll be treading water until he's replaced or Jamal Murray returns. I don't see that being much of an issue but it'd be nice for us if it happened.

I predicted Suns win by Four.... Teen. :)

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is it. THE most important game of the season so far.
If I were DA Id grab the tipoff and score on the Suns basket then stare at Sarver.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Opening night of any sport is always ripe for upsets. We should roll tonight, but anything can happen, especially if Ayton comes out distracted.

Dont tell me you feel like the Warriors upset the Lakers as some of the national media has

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see how suns rebound after a great but bit disappointing end to last season....

Wishin to see ayton monster attitude prove himself worthy of max contract play

And hope book paul continue to shine bright together

Cards playin on fire suns back good vibes all round:)

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't we lose to Denver by a total of 2 or 3 points between those 2 games? I remember they came down the last possession. I think the Suns have improved dramatically at closing out close games. They'll win a lot of games they lost last season because of the experience they gained throughout last season and primarily in the postseason.

Denver has been waiting to knock the Suns off their pedestal for a long time now. We sent them home last year. If they aren't out for blood then Mike Malone is a terrible coach and they'll be treading water until he's replaced or Jamal Murray returns. I don't see that being much of an issue but it'd be nice for us if it happened.

No I hear you. The games against the Nuggets last year in the regular season were all very close. It’ll be an interesting matchup tonight. Jokic is going to have to be in attack mode from jump and try to get DA in foul trouble. I hope DA comes out with the right mentality of just playing hard and doing the little things. We’re 6 point favorites. I think we’re going to win but I just want us to play Phoenix Suns basketball. Move the ball, play solid defense, get out in transition and we’ll be ok.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, and that was when they had Jamal Murray in those 2 games.

I know the nuggets are motivated - but these are basically the same 2 teams that met in the playoffs - where the Suns destroyed them.

I just hope Suns win by 7 or more since that is what I bet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont tell me you feel like the Warriors upset the Lakers as some of the national media has

i didn't know what to expect of that game. i don't really know what to expect from either of those teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose