Season Opener: Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 10-20-2021

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing i'm most afraid of, MPJ putting up mediocre stats and people justify that we should have paid ayton because of MPJ's stats.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing i'm most afraid of, MPJ putting up mediocre stats and people justify that we should have paid ayton because of MPJ's stats.

I agree 1000 percent!

Denver overpaying MPJ should not mean the Suns should overpay Ayton. Ayton wasn't even lowballed on salary, he would be earning more than CP3 and Booker annually but since the Suns didn't want a 5th year that doesn't mean he's not valued.

No one who talks about that mentions how Denver didn't guarantee the final year of MPJ's deal, which means what he got is almost identical to what the Suns tried offering Ayton only without the sort of empty gesture of adding a non guaranteed year, which would handicap them in replacing CP3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being pissed off can work both ways.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is on the pregame show.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones says Payton is going to push Payne, then it kind of evolves into help push the pace.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed some of Jones' comments about Ayton. Anyone catch it?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being pissed off can work both ways.

I get that he was joking but couldn't this be considered tampering with how strict the league seems to be applying fines for that? He's directly discussing a players contracts negotiations with another team.

I'm no fan of Mike Malone so if he gets hit, he deserves it and with some of the ridiculous tampering fines I've seen lately, that's more clear cut than most.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s go baby... the road to the Larry O Trophy starts tonight!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that he was joking but couldn't this be considered tampering with how strict the league seems to be applying fines for that? He's directly discussing a players contracts negotiations with another team.

I'm no fan of Mike Malone so if he gets hit, he deserves it and with some of the ridiculous tampering fines I've seen lately, that's more clear cut than most.
Uh, no.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't think of it that way but my guess it was fair game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have no idea. It seems they allow a lot of stuff but they draw the line at jumping the gun on FA or making casual statements about players.

Along those lines, say Ayton comes out and tears up the league for the next month or two. Is Sarver prohibited from coming out and saying "we screwed up, we should have paid him his money already". Is that tampering, is that too close to announcing you'll match any offer? I wonder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns season opener is about to tip-off.

All the Suns players being introduced.

GO SUNS!!!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. It seems they allow a lot of stuff but they draw the line at jumping the gun on FA or making casual statements about players.

Along those lines, say Ayton comes out and tears up the league for the next month or two. Is Sarver prohibited from coming out and saying "we screwed up, we should have paid him his money already". Is that tampering, is that too close to announcing you'll match any offer? I wonder.

It's gotten fuzzy with how they've enforced it. They fined Draymond Green for saying Booker needs to get out of Phoenix. Fined Pat Riley or saying he'd welcome LeBron back if LeBron wanted to return to Miami just last season when directly asked if LeBron would be welcome in Miami again. Daryl Morey was fined for saying "Join'em" to Steph Curry praising Seth in the playoffs last year on social media. It seems very selective.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit, I got the ESPN feed and the Celtics just pushed it to overtime with 2 crazy 3's in the final 5 seconds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton opens scoring for Suns. Game tied 2-2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul up with the pull up mid-range shot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose