Sean Payton on KM, Cardinals

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
As Wyatt Earp told Ike Clanton at the OK Corral, “the fighin’s commenced. Either get to fightin or get away". If you are not presently actually coaching at the moment Sean Payton, shut your mouth. Yeah, that sounds harsh, and he is a great coach but sick and tired of guys getting media play for holding everyone's breath with the 'oh my gosh, what will he do next' when that individual is currently doing nothing and has no bearing on the games being played. The reality is a third string CB for the Texans at the moment has more worth than him, till he starts coaching again for my attention span. Ok, I will now get off my Lava soapbox
He was asked a question and gave an answer. It is part of his job.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
2 things:

1) Payton is a cool dude
2) he ain’t coming here

Honorable mentions:
His wife is incredibly hot
The “Bounty” has been around since the 50’s
He’s not nearly as mean as he looks- if he’s in your ass, well, it’s because you are a DF.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As Wyatt Earp told Ike Clanton at the OK Corral, “the fighin’s commenced. Either get to fightin or get away". If you are not presently actually coaching at the moment Sean Payton, shut your mouth. Yeah, that sounds harsh, and he is a great coach but sick and tired of guys getting media play for holding everyone's breath with the 'oh my gosh, what will he do next' when that individual is currently doing nothing and has no bearing on the games being played. The reality is a third string CB for the Texans at the moment has more worth than him, till he starts coaching again for my attention span. Ok, I will now get off my Lava soapbox
And what worth do you have? Who asked for your opinion? If they did, why does it matter?

What the f**k is this post?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He was asked a question and gave an answer. It is part of his job.
True, but it does not change my opinion of what I think of his opinion at the moment... his opinion still comes from one who is not coaching presently and making money off of those who are with his relaxed commentary from afar

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
And what worth do you have? Who asked for your opinion? If they did, why does it matter?

What the f**k is this post?
My point is that I am tired of guys who have not made up their mind about something (the whole am I retired or not) giving their piece of mind and the media following their every step, be it a coach or a WR who is currently not actively playing but has the potential to. Lastly, he gave no earth shattering advise which most of us already have about the benefits of Kyler being under center, but it's funny when it takes an accomplished guy like Payton to state the obvious before some people feel it holds value. Like that song you like which is great, but people do not accept its value till it's on the radio

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
My point is that I am tired of guys who have not made up their mind about something (the whole am I retired or not) giving their piece of mind and the media following their every step, be it a coach or a WR who is currently not actively playing but has the potential to. Lastly, he gave no earth shattering advise which most of us already have about the benefits of Kyler being under center, but it's funny when it takes an accomplished guy like Payton to state the obvious before some people feel it holds value. Like that song you like which is great, but people do not accept its value till it's on the radio
Did Sean Payton pee in your cereal or something? He was on Cowherd which is not the local Cardinal sports station, It's a national program which many non Cardinal fans listen to who probably don't have a clue about how this affects the Cardinal running game. Payton was asked a question and he answered it by giving his learned opinion as a long time and successful HC and listeners who do not follow the Cardinals probably learned something from it or at the very least may have found it interesting or maybe got them thinking about how the team they follow does things.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Show us on the doll where he hurt you.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Did Sean Payton pee in your cereal or something? He was on Cowherd which is not the local Cardinal sports station, It's a national program which many non Cardinal fans listen to who probably don't have a clue about how this affects the Cardinal running game. Payton was asked a question and he answered it by giving his learned opinion as a long time and successful HC and listeners who do not follow the Cardinals probably learned something from it or at the very least may have found it interesting or maybe got them thinking about how the team they follow does things.
I guess this comes from a pet peeve I have from my profession as an artist. Be it painting or music, where the landscape is filled with people going off of past laurels while their current work is non existent, and then they offer critical commentary on those who are actually in the grind of creation. Yeah, guess I was a little harsh to say the least on Payton, but it was not directed towards Coach Payton because that guy is currently not coaching

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess this comes from a pet peeve I have from my profession as an artist. Be it painting or music, where the landscape is filled with people going off of past laurels while their current work is non existent, and then they offer critical commentary on those who are actually in the grind of creation. Yeah, guess I was a little harsh to say the least on Payton, but it was not directed towards Coach Payton because that guy is currently not coaching
The dude has been coaching since '88, just stopped (or took a break) just very recently then started a new career in broadcasting. He's already dead meat?

Pretty sure his experience and knowledge far surpasses most in the current NFL realm. It's not like he retired 20 years and is some has been trying to ride the coattails of his success and not up to date with the league. I literally cannot grasp your point on any conceivable level. It's just wracking my brain trying to understand.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Now I understand better where you are coming from.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose