Sean Miller gone as Head Basketball Coach at Arizona

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lloyd is such an easy hire. He’s well respected and could likely keep the roster intact for the most part given his international connections and relationship with Jack Murphy. Pretty soon he is going to be turned off by the way Robbins is handling this and they’ll have to settle on a cheap alumni hire.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your AD and president are better than ours.

jarmond yes but Dan G wasn't. I think Dan lucked into it.

During the FF there was a story where Bob Myers went into more detail on what happened and he said some of the names that were floated were real, some were not but he said at a certain point we honed in on guys who REALLY wanted the job and he said it was apparent on that list, Mick Cronin was the guy so we focused on him.

UA is in a similar position, pressure from ex players to hire a black coach, who's an ex player. Pressure from alums to get a "big name" etc

I think UCLA got lucky that through the whole thing Mick still wanted the job.

I don't know enough about Lloyd to know if he does or not the concern on him is career assistants some of them are great, Roy Williams, some of them are not great, Bill Guthridge. You just never know until they get the job.

I actually sort of liked UA with Miller the last few years the FBI story was hampering recruiting and the lack of commitment was too. If you get the right hire in there you can be back on track fairly soon assuming sanctions are not too bad.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So is UA stalling on Lloyd in hopes of landing Musselman? Saw article titled "Could UA lure away SEC coach".

If they are talking about Musselman that is ridiculous, his buyout alone right now is $5M. Are the going to wait for May 1st when the buyout drops to $1.5M? If I was Robbins I would snap up Lloyd who may not have Musselman's experience but he is from what I read a better recruiter and has learned for one of the best coaches in the country for 20 years. Plus you save at least $1.5M not having to pay a buyout on top of Miller's.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think Gonzaga assistant Tommy Lloyd would be a great hire.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reports are that Lloyd has agreed to become the new head coach. Hopefully he can keep the guys who are going to play significant minutes next year.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Funny that Goodman bowed out of the story and that there were warning signs that it wasn’t true even before it was published. Absolutely disgusting

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose