Sean Miller’s Contract

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't remember, did Romar bolt UA right before the scandal broke or after? He's .500 in 3 years at Pepperdine so still not a success as a HC, should still to assistant where he can focus on his strength as a recruiter.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I can't remember, did Romar bolt UA right before the scandal broke or after? He's .500 in 3 years at Pepperdine so still not a success as a HC, should still to assistant where he can focus on his strength as a recruiter.
Romar came months before it was announced. Left after the season.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Robbins gonna hire Muss isn’t he...
Not unless UT hires him first. Supposedly, he's a candidate for Smart replacement. Pitino is also being mentioned as he probably will be for any job.

Smart to MARQ was a shocker I mean it wasn't about money because TEX has ALOT of it. Goes to show that anyone is a possibility for UA. Other than dinosaurs like Williams & Cal, the only untouchable guy is Few but only because he won't leave, that school should thank its lucky stars for his loyalty.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not unless UT hires him first. Supposedly, he's a candidate for Smart replacement. Pitino is also being mentioned as he probably will be for any job.

Smart to MARQ was a shocker I mean it wasn't about money because TEX has ALOT of it. Goes to show that anyone is a possibility for UA. Other than dinosaurs like Williams & Cal, the only untouchable guy is Few but only because he won't leave, that school should thank its lucky stars for his loyalty.

Kelvin Sampson is a great coach but he’s getting up there in age. He’ll probably have quite a few options as well.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Kelvin Sampson is a great coach but he’s getting up there in age. He’ll probably have quite a few options as well.
His show cause doesn’t help either

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That might be more sanity than loyalty having watched Monson's career path when he was the hot name in coaching circles 20 some years ago. The grass isn't always greener...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
His show cause doesn’t help either

He made impermissible phone calls to recruits that aren’t even violations anymore. I’m comparison to coaches getting arrested I’m not sure it’s a huge hangup given his restored reputation. He’s 65 though...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would Arizona have a chance?
If money isn't an issue I don't see why not? TEX may be able to offer more money but UA job would be a step up IMO. I mean TEX is a baseball & football school, basketball falls third in hierarchy. UA is a basketball school. Plus TEX maybe the third best school in the state behind BAY & TT in basketball.

However, it looks like Miller is at least going to coach the upcoming season. Boosters would pretty much have to cut ties immediately with Miller to pursue Beard and I don't see that happening. Unless Robbins goes rogue like people are speculating to move on from Miller despite boosters being bullish on him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t think Beard would come here right now. Money is an issue as well since Robbins doesn’t have many boosters in his corner.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Beard would come here right now. Money is an issue as well since Robbins doesn’t have many boosters in his corner.

Beard is also a UT alum, and is treated very well at Tech. He's not leaving there unless it is for UT or a blue-blood (Kansas, NC, etc). UA is elite, but not blue-blood

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they were waiting until the NCAA Finals were over before making the announcement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quicker than I thought, but he was just fired
Wow, I hope Robbins has a plan because its going to be tough asking boosters for money for a new coach when they wanted to keep Miller.

Possible candidates??

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seems dumb to wait bc it’s not like they were going to pursue/get one of the final four coaches.

I wonder who is on the initial short list.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow, I hope Robbins has a plan because its going to be tough asking boosters for money for a new coach when they wanted to keep Miller.

Possible candidates??
I’ll be shocked if they don’t pony up. They’ll grumble but AZ hoops disappears if they don’t. And AZ hoops is the marquee attraction for UofA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did anything internally change/ From an outsiders view it looks like 4 Pac 12 teams made the Elite 8, arizona looked at that and said the conference is raking in money from this tourney, and we're on the outside looking in because of what happened under Sean.

But is that enough to get them to fire him after standing by him so long?

Weird timing

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if they don’t pony up. They’ll grumble but AZ hoops disappears if they don’t. And AZ hoops is the marquee attraction for UofA.

Last I heard, boosters told Robbins that they would pull donations if they fired Miller. IF that's the case, with how empty the coffers are, it's gonna be hard to pony up much for a top-tier coach. Maybe he found another donor, but who knows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord... happened three years too late.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose