Sean Kugler: center is in need of an upgrade

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ronin, Feb 25, 2021.

1. cardpa

cardpa Have a Nice Day!

Keim's reply to Murray.

Solar7 and SoonerLou like this.
  2. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

I could definitely see ARZ taking Humphrey. I don't think he falls to them in 2nd round, if they want him they can trade down a few spots from #16 and take him in Round 1.

I'd like Lindsey but he may be a little expensive and I think ARZ may cap space they have to make a run at Allen Robinson so improving the OL will probably be done in draft.

3. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

Area of concern for me. Generally speaking, when you have a young player who you are very confident in to play a specific role where there is a glaring hole, you don't talk up his versatility.

I understand that he said he would be an outstanding linemen for the future of the Cardinals but I feel he said a similar thing about Cole.

I guess my point is that I don't believe RT is as locked down as we may have thought it was and could be an option for the early parts of the draft as well.

4. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Cole is Trash. Galliard is average, but team O-line looked much better when Galliard was in.

5. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

I wouldn't call it out of the question, but I think our backs are against the wall, sorta like when we started DJ Humphries after Bobby Massie left. We're just stretched so thin in terms of options, we can't afford to have another draft class that doesn't contribute much of anything in the top 3 picks again. Eventually these guys have to get significant playing time, and if they suck on the field, it needs to fall back to accountability for both our GM/scouting department, and coaching for not getting anything out of these guys with a full year or more of practice under their belts.

6. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

We have to enter next year with 2 new starters on the O-Line. It could be Galiard or Jones and a FA/Rookie...or it could be two new players...but their play has to be upgraded.

My personal plan would be to go with Galliard at Center and Jones at RT. Both guys need a chance to actually play and see if we have anything. I would sign the top OG on the market, and I would let things play out with DJ - Pugh - Gaillard - Thuney - Jones

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  7. Chopper0080

Jalen Mayfield
    Christian Darrisaw
    Teven Jenkins

All seem to have become an option in round 1 to join Slater, Sewell, and AVT.

8. imaCafan

imaCafan Next stop, Hall of Fame!

I like this plan, pro bowl player between two “rookie” starters. Hopefully he teaches both a thing or two.

9. juza76

juza76 Registered

So u are projecting Josh starting at right tackle when the coach make it clear he is better suited to play guard

So LT Humphreys LG Pugh. C free agent/draft/Galliard ? RG Murray/Jones RT free agent draft

10. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Whoa! whoa! Kugler simply said that Jones was versatile, not where he's best suited.

* and Marcus Gilbert, back from COVID opt-out, is under contract.

So LT Humphreys LG Pugh C Cole/Galliard/FA?/draft? RG FA?/Murray/draft? RT Jones/Gilbert

11. juza76

juza76 Registered

Versatile, after playing few snaps as an extra tigh end...

12. Waysouth

Waysouth Registered

Look for some older FA vet like Alex Mack to provide the competition.

13. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

His words, unlike your earlier "So u are projecting Josh starting at right tackle when the coach make it clear he is better suited to play guard."

14. CT CARDSFAN

CT CARDSFAN Free Agent

Nick Martin just released by the Texans, perfect fit for the Cardinal's OL. 6'4" 299. Only gave up 6 sacks in 62 games.

15. Chopper0080

I think the plan is now "get better linemen everywhere outside of Humphries".

What I will say is that I do feel Pugh would be better if he had a better player at C next to him. This is why I would start with signing Corey Linsley in FA. A left side of Humphries, Pugh and Linsley is pretty solid. From there you have Murray, Jones and Gilbert (he is under contract). That group needs more talent but lord help us if Jones turns into another Mason Cole. Would be another example of Keim having to double down on resources to fill one hole on the roster.