Seahawks tight end Stevens arrested in Scottsdale

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can he possibly do this when he's seeking quite a "big payday"?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0313sr-stevens13-ON.html

Seahawks tight end Stevens arrested in Scottsdale

Michael Ferraresi
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 13, 2007 12:59 PM
SCOTTSDALE - A Seattle Seahawks player faces charges of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana after his Tuesday morning arrest in downtown Scottsdale.

Jerramy Stevens, the NFL team's starting tight end, was taken into police custody around 2:30 a.m. after he admitted to drinking "four or five margaritas" at the Salty Senorita bar on Scottsdale Road, according to police.

Stevens, 27, was also cited for possession of marijuana after officers found a portion in his back pocket, police said.

The free-agent tight end, who is currently being courted by Seattle and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was visibly intoxicated, according to the Scottsdale police report.

Stevens was pulled over for driving erratically along Indian School Road near 81st Street in a rented 2007 Chrysler 300 sedan. The arresting officer said Stevens' eyes were "bloodshot, watery and half-closed."

"As (Stevens) exited the truck he dropped his cellphone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped as he started to walk in my direction," the report said.

Stevens, a resident of Bellevue, Wash., was taken to Scottsdale Police District 1 headquarters after he refused a portable Breathalyzer test. Officers obtained a search warrant and eventually drew two vials of blood around 5 a.m.

It was unclear Tuesday what Stevens' blood-alcohol content was during the Tuesday morning incident. He was booked, posted bail and faces an initial court appearance on April 2, police said.

Stevens was charged with drunk driving in Seattle in the Seattle area in 2003 after police found two half-empty champagne bottles on the floor of his vehicle during a traffic stop.

In 2001, while playing at the University of Washington, Stevens was charged with hit-and-run after he crashed his car into a Seattle retirement home.

In 2000, he was accused of drugging and raping a 19-year-old girl at the university. The charges were dropped.

Stevens' other past run-ins with police include a 1998 incident in which he broke a man's jaw with a baseball bat.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His mistake was flagging down the Scottsdale cops and asking them for directions to the Point at South Mountain.

The Shark

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His mistake was flagging down the Scottsdale cops and asking them for directions to the Point at South Mountain.

The Shark

Well played. I was working on a reply that referenced the Pointe...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not suprised in the least.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you admit to 4 or 5 margaritas that usually means you had about 8 or 10.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
I really wish this guy had straightened his life out. That being the case, this is probably the primary reason that the title of the article is errant. Stevens is in fact NOT a Seahawk anymore. And after this incident, it's all but certain that he never will be again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score

Oh, don't even think you're gonna get me backtracking. I still don't think that him saying he intended to win the Super Bowl or him getting into a fight with Tyler Brayton makes him some great menace on the field, nor do I think this incident proves what a jerk he is (although many of his past transgressions do).

This proves (for the first time in four years) that he still hasn't figured out how to manage his life. Very much like Koren Robinson, I think he needs to spend some major time out of football cleaning up his life but I still think this guy is nowhere near on the same plane with the Pacman Jones of the world.

All that being said, our new front office will never go near this guy with a ten foot pole again and I think the organization is correct in that approach. Still, while most people will say "Good, I hope he goes down in flames", I will say that I hope he gets his life together, gets off the weed, off the booze, and gets it going in a positive direction.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Dude if this board had a rep system I'd rep the hell out of you right now. That was hilarious.
Pollo, not sure what a rep system is, but you could always rate on a scale of 1-5.

For example, I rate the :bhiich: as a 1/5.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pollo, not sure what a rep system is, but you could always rate on a scale of 1-5.

For example, I rate the :bhiich: as a 1/5.

post rating system = 0/5 :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe OJ Mayo's posse will take credit for this one too?

Stevens has always been an idiot.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
blech - sad for the guy - definitely shows the larger problem when you can't keep your nose clean when you are not under contract, have a history or this type of incidents and have your overall motivation questioned

seattle signed marcus pollard today in an unrelated move

stevens will not be a seahawk again - he lost a lot of the fans last year with his play and this is his NW nail in the coffin

sad in a koren robinson kind of way - i think both of them had their problems with drink/drugs effect thier focus and it hurt them on the field with inconsistent performance, lack of focus & drops

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'HAWKS REPLACE STEVENS WITH POLLARD

On the same day that former Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens was busted for DUI and possession of marijuana, the team signed former Lions tight end Marcus Pollard to take his place.

Pollard inked a one-year deal. He spent two seasons in Detroit. He had 46 receptions in 2005, but only 12 in 2006 after the arrival of Mike Martz's wideout-heavy offense.

Frankly, we like the move. Pollard put up solid numbers in a Colts offense that didn't have enough balls to keep all of its playmakers properly fed. He eventually became a luxury that the team couldn't afford.

At 35, he's not the long-term answer at the position. But he shores up one of the only weaknesses in a still-potent Seahawks offense.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson