Seahawks at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-19

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If the D was average just average i think 5-6 wins would have been possible....its still possible...you got Bengals...Falcons...Giants...average D takes 2 of 3. The constant deflation that the D causes has to stop. Everytime we score the D folds it kills the offense just kills them
Not saying the defense is good by any means, but they weren't too bad today. They only gave up 20 points and held Seattle to just 7 in the 2nd half. If the offense shows up to play today we probably win this game.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah but that last drive was a reflection of our whole season we score we are clicking the offense doesnt see the field after 10min and a TD. No excuse fix it

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah but that last drive was a reflection of our whole season we score we are clicking the offense doesnt see the field after 10min and a TD. No excuse fix it
The offense should have got something going earlier in the game. This is the NFL and Seattle is a good team, you can't expect the defense to go a whole half without giving up 1 good drive.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The offense should have got something going earlier in the game. This is the NFL and Seattle is a good team, you can't expect the defense to go a whole half without giving up 1 good drive.
They did...had potential for 14pts....instead 2 missed FGs. Redzone offense needs to keep improving

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not saying the defense is good by any means, but they weren't too bad today. They only gave up 20 points and held Seattle to just 7 in the 2nd half. If the offense shows up to play today we probably win this game.

You’re missing his point & that point has been 100% consistent throughout the season. Arians preached this to his defense. When the offense scores, the D absolutely has to come up with a stop. This hasn’t happened once, NOT ONCE, this season. Hard to believe that this has ever happened in the history of the NFL. It’s completely a killer for the offense. Every ounce of momentum that was created is immediately lost. Even good teams can’t overcome that. Bad teams have NO shot under those circumstances. I still can’t believe that stat isn’t being shouted from the mountaintops during our games.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is more context to defense than just points allowed. Their inability to force short drives allowed the Seahawks to hold the ball and run the clock. There were over 10 minutes left in the game after Kyler's TD. Getting the ball back quickly would have been huge, instead they allow a 15 play 8+ minute drive that killed the game regardless of points.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pts is only part of equation. D tends to only make stops near midfield, resulting in poor field position for offense. When was the last time offense got ball near or past midfield? Also letting up score or allowing opposing team to kill clock everytime offense gets momentum is back breaking.

Edit: @GoldGloveschmidt reading my mind lol

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Where are the fans? That stadium looks like a movie theater
Why go
I wouldn’t go if you GAVE me tickets

$9 beers
Over priced food
Traffic
Long drive to and from the stadium
Literally nothing to cheer for
Away fans taunting u

sooooo why go?
No thanks

Relax at home
Cheap drinks
Have friends over
Able to switch the channel
Save money
No traffic
No stress
Money in my pocket
I won I won I won I won
Had season tickets for 23 years and I’m sooooo glad I quit

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see glimpses with the offense. The defense on the other hand has been nothing short of atrocious. We might not win a game because we can't stop anybody and Kyler is still trying to figure things out.
Carson really summed it up nicely imo. He is a guy going through stuff he is learning on the job. Just heard the press conference of him talking about him and it's what I see as well...but there is a little bias from me of course.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I get the whole momentum argument and all that, but the fact is that this defense held a pretty good offense to 340 total yards and just 20 points. If our offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot all game and Zane makes his FGs we might be talking about a win right now. The Carolina game I would put about 90% on the defense for losing, but this game feels more like 80% on the offense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re missing his point & that point has been 100% consistent throughout the season. Arians preached this to his defense. When the offense scores, the D absolutely has to come up with a stop. This hasn’t happened once, NOT ONCE, this season. Hard to believe that this has ever happened in the history of the NFL. It’s completely a killer for the offense. Every ounce of momentum that was created is immediately lost. Even good teams can’t overcome that. Bad teams have NO shot under those circumstances. I still can’t believe that stat isn’t being shouted from the mountaintops during our games.

the reason that stat isn't shouted from the mountaintops is because it can't possibly be true. You can't be down 24-6 in Game 1 and not make back to back to back defensive stops after scores that tied up the game after the FG, the first TD and the second TD and 2 point conversion which tied the game.

the other games, they've definitely folded like a tortilla, but even then, I'd be surprised if EVERY offensive score was met with a TD by the D... although to be honest, even then, it's not like we've had a bunch of offensive scores to in the other three games to really make defensive letdowns historically bad.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get the whole momentum argument and all that, but the fact is that this defense held a pretty good offense to 340 total yards and just 20 points. If our offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot all game and Zane makes his FGs we might be talking about a win right now. The Carolina game I would put about 90% on the defense for losing, but this game feels more like 80% on the offense.
The one thing I'll put on this defense all year is not making crucial stops after scores..whether touchdowns or field goals. Thats not a recipe for success imo and has hurt. So momentum exists in that realm from what I've seen. Jmo

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the reason that stat isn't shouted from the mountaintops is because it can't possibly be true. You can't be down 24-6 in Game 1 and not make back to back to back defensive stops after scores that tied up the game after the FG, the first TD and the second TD and 2 point conversion which tied the game.

the other games, they've definitely folded like a tortilla, but even then, I'd be surprised if EVERY offensive score was met with a TD by the D... although to be honest, even then, it's not like we've had a bunch of offensive scores to in the other three games to really make defensive letdowns historically bad.

You’re correct in regards to the Lions game. My bad there. But, definitely the case with our 3 consecutive losses. Exactly why we didn’t lose the opener. And exactly why we haven’t won since.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
There is more context to defense than just points allowed. Their inability to force short drives allowed the Seahawks to hold the ball and run the clock. There were over 10 minutes left in the game after Kyler's TD. Getting the ball back quickly would have been huge, instead they allow a 15 play 8+ minute drive that killed the game regardless of points.

We had the slightest bit of momentum after we closed to 20-10. At that point, we still had a chance.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ looks so slow. None of the explosiveness he used to have

can we finally say
He’s a waste of money!
If you watched ANY other games
EVERY RB I. The league is fast then DJ, every RV in the league breaks more tackles than DJ
He’s a HAS BEEN
Been saying it since last year and too many were living on his 3 year ago performance....
He got paid...got married...had a kid and is simply living it out
I have more motivation at my job than he does.
I once loved DJ and his ability...but I can not stand a guy that is showing 1/10th of his ability so he can go home healthy
Do t ever forget Keim paid him to be a top RB in the league and keep it up...Both failed
Keim failed to see DJ would stop on him and he failed by paying DJ with 2 years to go
Keim also paid Badget ( the buggest safety contract in history) RIGHT after a 2nd ACL year and he had a year to go on his deal....who does that!?!
DJ simply blanked the team and Keim by mailing it in
Sorry wrote it on my phone as I was thinking and there were a ton of errors

Last edited:

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
This game was over after the pick six. Seattle never looked like the broke a sweat on offense or defense after that

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When the game is on the line I expect them not to give up a 17 play 8+ minute TD drive. But that’s just me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
When the game is on the line I expect them not to give up a 17 play 8+ minute TD drive. But that’s just me.
Sure it sucked, but there was also some bad luck that kept that drive going. Like the third and long that two defenders got to RW and while getting hit he somehow made an accurate throw to a well covered TE. The timing was unfortunate, but they had held Seattle in check for about 20 minutes of the second half up to that point.