Seaching For Hope

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I have been wrong about everything I have thought. I believed Matt could continue our progression to dominance in our Division. I believed our Defense was special. I believed DA would start until there was no chance of making the playoffs. I was wrong about everything.

I do not believe that an undrafted free agent rookie QB can beat the defending Super Bowl Champions. I do not believe that our Defense can make a good Offense punt or that we can even catch the punt. I do not believe that we can control time of possession or run the ball successfully. I do not believe that our O-Line can protect any QB.

I have been wrong about everything all year. That gives me hope!

Edit: And since the first word should have been "Searching", it gives more proof to how wrong I've been. I'm starting to think we could actaully win this game.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is always hope, ok , well sometimes. Hopefully the bye week will be good timing for the Cards. Second half of the schedule isn't all that bad. I don't expect a W this Sunday, but I hope we go in running the ball and try to stick with it. Defense, I don't even know anymore.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There is always hope, ok , well sometimes. Hopefully the bye week will be good timing for the Cards. Second half of the schedule isn't all that bad. I don't expect a W this Sunday, but I hope we go in running the ball and try to stick with it. Defense, I don't even know anymore.
You must be registered for see images

The hope is turnovers. The one thing our defense has been able to do is force turnovers to beat opponents when tackling hasn't worked.

Carolina and Green Bay playoff games come to mind as does the Rams game this year where the D had 4 takeaways.

The Saints have 5 turnovers in the last 2 games.

Come on New Orleans put the ball on the ground 3-4 times for us. Brees a couple of picks like vs Atlanta would help as well.

Give us some hope.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You've got one bunch of athlete playing another group of athletes.

You can argue about which group has the most talent, but in the pros, talent-levels will generally be similar (though better or worse at any given position).

Given the above, the outcome of any game figures to depend on (a) how the matchups work out, (b) which team is better able to exploit mismatches, (c) who has the best strategy, (d) how well each group is organized to implement its strategies and (e) how well the players remain willing and able to remain organized to execute the game plan.

Hope is a good thing, but doing (i.e. working hard (& smart) is even better: Organize. Plan. Rehearse. And then: Stay Poised. Stick with the Plan. Play Your Asses Off.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You've got one bunch of athlete playing another group of athletes.

You can argue about which group has the most talent, but in the pros, talent-levels will generally be similar (though better or worse at any given position).

Given the above, the outcome of any game figures to depend on (a) how the matchups work out, (b) which team is better able to exploit mismatches, (c) who has the best strategy, (d) how well each group is organized to implement its strategies and (e) how well the players remain willing and able to remain organized to execute the game plan.

Hope is a good thing, but doing (i.e. working hard (& smart) is even better: Organize. Plan. Rehearse. And then: Stay Poised. Stick with the Plan. Play Your Asses Off.

For most teams but not all. There are always a handful of teams every season that just have no chance no matter what they do 75% of the time.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The hope is turnovers. The one thing our defense has been able to do is force turnovers to beat opponents when tackling hasn't worked.

Carolina and Green Bay playoff games come to mind as does the Rams game this year where the D had 4 takeaways.

The Saints have 5 turnovers in the last 2 games.

Come on New Orleans put the ball on the ground 3-4 times for us. Brees a couple of picks like vs Atlanta would help as well.

Give us some hope.

Carddan don't ever doubt me. I may be wrong about individual players but I KNOW Cardinal football.

:p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson