Screw Michael Moore

Coyote Tony

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What a moron! He talked about using his pulpit whenever he can ... he has an entertainment pulpit, not a political one. If you heard him from the begining his entire background is the Florida election fiasco all over again. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! It was years ago, you geek!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was so disappointed, Bowling for Columbine is a great flick.

I hope he sleeps well at night in his big King size bed while thousands of our troops have to sleep while leaning against a tank.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you guys see when the crowd gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation? How sick is that? Polanski is wanted for raping a minor.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Michael Moore is such an important person. But he completely discredits himself when he uses an entertainment pulpit to trumpet his personal political and social views. Its really a shame.

I love Michael's work, though I also am able to see that he is a total propagandist, and that the truth is easily distorted in whatever way you want it when you have access to an editing room.

This act truly bothers me.

As the days go on, I'm honestly getting more and more depressed. I could really use some good f*cking news for a change.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Did you guys see when the crowd gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation? How sick is that? Polanski is wanted for raping a minor.
I personally haven't gone to see The Pianist simply because of this. I told my wife about it and she refuses to see it either.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Of course, even the woman he "raped" (even if it was only statutory and consentual) now says that he should be forgiven and people should move on because she has.

That doesn't make the crime any less disgusting, but the man IS a great filmmaker. The Pianist is a terrific film.

bratwurst

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Of course, even the woman he "raped" (even if it was only statutory and consentual) now says that he should be forgiven and people should move on because she has.

That doesn't make the crime any less disgusting, but the man IS a great filmmaker. The Pianist is a terrific film.

That argument has no bearing on the fact that he was convicted and fled. The fact that she has moved on doesn't mean that the time he needs to serve should be dropped.

Rape, even statutory, is a crime. Furthermore, flight from prosecution is a crime as well.

Chinatown is a great film as well, I will admit it is one of my favorite movies. That however, does not change my opinion of Polanksi the person.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That is a common opinion of Woody Allen as well.

It's a shame that 2 of our greatest modern filmmakers have these kinds of blots on their pasts...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
That argument has no bearing on the fact that he was convicted and fled. The fact that she has moved on doesn't mean that the time he needs to serve should be dropped.

Rape, even statutory, is a crime. Furthermore, flight from prosecution is a crime as well.

Chinatown is a great film as well, I will admit it is one of my favorite movies. That however, does not change my opinion of Polanksi the person.

I dont know the history here or even one iota about the case against him.

But I will say that in most cases from my experience that "statutory" rape is not the rampant evil crime you are making it out to be. Its normally and in most cases that I have dealt with as a police officer two people having consentual sex.

Of course one of them is normally a minor but it was consentual none the less.

In fact many times the minor has no problem with the incident at all and its the parents who press charges. To me its a very baseless crime because many of these minors will lie and be very decietful about there age. So the adult at many times truly does not know. Lets not kid ourselves it is hard to tell sometimes!

That being said though if he was convicted he should serve the time!

bratwurst

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, someone said that if he came back on US soil for the oscars he would be arrested immediately. I can't remember if that was the FBI or not.

bratwurst

Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Hey Brian you are right what a real ASS HOLE!

I see nothing in those news reports that costitutes what happened as "statutory rape" That was outright RAPE and the dude needs to be in prison!

"Polanski, 43, pleaded guilty to one of six charges facing him, thereby avoiding a trial.

The movie director was allowed to plead guilty to a lesser charge of engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor at the request of the girl's mother, who wanted to protect her daughter from the publicity expected to accompany such a trial.

The prosecution agreed to dismiss five other charges, including two more serious counts—furnishing drugs to a minor and rape by use of drugs."
Originally published in The Washington Post, August 10, 1977

I read the whole grand jury testimony from the 13 year old girl. Its pretty damning. I don't think she consented at all.

This quote takes the cake -

The British Broadcasting Corp. quoted Polanski as saying by telephone, "I've been tortured by this for a year and that's enough."

Oh excuse us for thinking the courts should decide his punishment and not himself.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave