Scott Bordow - Dump players now

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
And time to give up on Eric Byrnes, Chris Young, and Conor Jackson. They should be considered SUNK costs.

Build around Upton, Reynolds and Drew... Our 3,4,5 hitters. Get a True leadoff man/CF. See if Parra has got it. Then all we need is 1st baseman and a useful 2nd baseman. We need relief pitching too.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And time to give up on Eric Byrnes, Chris Young, and Conor Jackson. They should be considered SUNK costs.

Build around Upton, Reynolds and Drew... Our 3,4,5 hitters. Get a True leadoff man/CF. See if Parra has got it. Then all we need is 1st baseman and a useful 2nd baseman. We need relief pitching too.
The Kleenex Kids, Byrnes and Young. Agreed. But their contracts are in the way.

Get rid of Conor Jackson because he has Valley Fever which led to pneumonia?

When healthy, he's a solid line drive hitter and a decent fielding LF. Why get rid of the best pure hitter on the team?

And we need a cleanup hitter between Upton and Reynolds. Drew is obviously not suited for that role. A solid player, but not a guy who puts fear into the opposing pitchers.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Byrnes is a gimmie. He lost his mojo as soon as he put pen to paper on the new contract.

I'm ambivalent about CY because he has so much potential and I feel that losing him would only come back to bite us, like releasing Quentin.

Co Jack stays for sure. Last season, he was a solid .300 hitter and could be counted on to get you that hit during clutch situations. Plus, he can fill in at both LF and 1st if needed. Let him recover and let's see what he gives us.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree with you. Reynolds and Upton are our only power sources, Parra can replace Young, if we can move him with his contract, which we probably will not. Were stuck with Byrnes until next year. Everyone else except Haren, Scherzer and Webb need to go. Unless Webb can get us a Dan Haren type package we keep him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave