Scola Amnestied?

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Teams that are under the cap have first chance. Phoenix could get him for the minimum.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hes a good player but it just doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. He would just push them towards mediocrity. The only guys who should see the floor for the suns are young developmental guys + Gortat.

Plus Scola is just not fit for the suns system

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been a number of big men that have been available in FA/ amnesty that can still play. An unusual phenomenon from my perspective.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hes a good player but it just doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. He would just push them towards mediocrity. The only guys who should see the floor for the suns are young developmental guys + Gortat.

lets go after blaire since he fits the system

:mulli:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I can not stand Scola. To be fair, the Suns signed Beasley, who is my least favorite player in the entire league already, so I could probably get used to it.

I'd actually prefer Humphries, but I think he's gonna be too expensive. PF that rebounds and scores in the low post would be nice though.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can not stand Scola. To be fair, the Suns signed Beasley, who is my least favorite player in the entire league a;ready, so I could probably get used to it.

I'd actually prefer Humphries, but I think he's gonna be too expensive. PF that rebounds and scores in the low post would be nice though.

right, but if he's on you're team you have to love him.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score

agree with everything but the last statement. Everybody talks about the dearth of quality centers in the NBA. We are almost there with power forwards as well. Most of the good ones are getting long in the tooth at this point. Even though his rebounding numbers dropped some last season he is much better than anything we currently have on the roster (this isn't saying much).

Joe

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Actually I think the salary offered to Humphries by the Nets and Bobcats 22-24M over three years is reasonable. IMO, the Suns should have looked at the PF position first.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222286/Nets_Bobcats_Competing_To_Sign_Kris_Humphries

Yeah, I definitely think 7-8M per year is reasonable. If they signed him, and amnestied Frye, they could really go after Harden next year.
Dragic/Harden/Beasley/Humphries/ Gortat lineup could be interesting in 2013/2014, along with a decent draft pick we should get next summer.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don't think so. I can not envision any turn of events that would cause me to even tolerate Beasley, let alone like him.

He's on your team now, man. By default, he can no longer be your least favorite player in the entire league. At the very least, Scola just leap frogged with him. ;)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's on your team now, man. By default, he can no longer be your least favorite player in the entire league. At the very least, Scola just leap frogged with him. ;)

When we had Marbury he was among my least favorite players in the league...

Whats more likely is that in a year or so Beasley will be one of the league's least favorite players to this entire board. All he's gotta do is keep on doing what hes been doin!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Sounds like Scola could be acquired for just over 10M over three years. I think I might be OK with that if Humphries can not be signed.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Sounds like Scola could be acquired for just over 10M over three years. I think I might be OK with that if Humphries can not be signed.

It's a bargain. It just might not fit with the current youth movement we have going on. It will definitely stunt Morris growth unless we somehow managed to move Frye in a salary dump or something. We don't need two stretch 4s anyway, and though I think Morris can be more than just a stretch 4 he seems to really enjoy playing on the perimeter.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
When we had Marbury he was among my least favorite players in the league...

Whats more likely is that in a year or so Beasley will be one of the league's least favorite players to this entire board. All he's gotta do is keep on doing what hes been doin!

Or he could fast track it and throw a towel in Gentry's face.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or he could fast track it and throw a towel in Gentry's face.

True. A friend of mine put the Nash trade into perspective, reminding me how painful the Barkley trade was. The Rockets had robbed us of 2 titles, then trade for our best player and send us 2 loath-able pieces of garbage like Horry and Cassell.

When the Nash story broke I assumed they'd have to throw in a contract in... and figured it would be Metta World War. That would have taken the rage to a new level.

OP
OP
W

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely think 7-8M per year is reasonable. If they signed him, and amnestied Frye, they could really go after Harden next year.
Dragic/Harden/Beasley/Humphries/ Gortat lineup could be interesting in 2013/2014, along with a decent draft pick we should get next summer.

That 7-8M for Humphries would probably preclude the Suns from signing Harden. As some said you could probably get Scola for $3M. Other than youth and cost whats the difference between Dragic/Harden/Beasley/Scola/Gortat plus that same draft pick?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson