Schedule Predictions

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I didn't see this, but if I missed it, please merge.

1 - @San Francisco - L
2 - Washington - W
3 - Detroit - W
4 - @Carolina - W
5 - @ NYJets - W (though it will be close)
6 - @ Dallas MNF - W
7 - Seattle - L
8 - Bye
9 - Miami - W
10 - Buffalo - W
11 - @Seattle TNF - W
12 - @NE - L
13 - LARams - L
14 - @NYGiants - W
15 - Philadelphia - W
16 - San Francisco - W
17 - @LARams - L

11-5.

Overly optimistic for me, but our schedule is trash. Washington, Detroit, Carolina, Jets, Dolphins, and Giants are all legit bad though the Dolphins are a try-hard. That is 6 wins.

We matchup very well with Philly and Dallas. Dallas tends to play close Primetime games. Philly plays us during a very tough stretch of schedule which goes Seattle, @Green Bay, New Orleans, @ Arizona and then @ Dallas. Also, they are a franchise that tends to get nicked up, so late in the season is good.

At New England will be tough with Cam because of how they scheme for young players.

Buffalo at home is also fortunate for the Cardinals as Buffalo will have played New England and then Seattle the two weeks prior and it is the game prior to their bye week.

Our conference schedule plays out fairly well. The best part is that we play our 2nd game vs SF very late and Jimmy G has a history of injuries. Also, the jury is still out on Goff which means if he struggles, he may be on a short leash when we play the Rams week 13 and 17. I only point this out because we have struggled vs McVay's Rams.

Guys, our over/under is 7.5. Bet the over. Outside of a significant regression or injuries by this team, it is a lock.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't see this, but if I missed it, please merge.

1 - @San Francisco - L
2 - Washington - W
3 - Detroit - W
4 - @Carolina - W
5 - @ NYJets - W (though it will be close)
6 - @ Dallas MNF - W
7 - Seattle - L
8 - Bye
9 - Miami - W
10 - Buffalo - W
11 - @Seattle TNF - W
12 - @NE - L
13 - LARams - L
14 - @NYGiants - W
15 - Philadelphia - W
16 - San Francisco - W
17 - @LARams - L

11-5.

Overly optimistic for me, but our schedule is trash. Washington, Detroit, Carolina, Jets, Dolphins, and Giants are all legit bad though the Dolphins are a try-hard. That is 6 wins.

We matchup very well with Philly and Dallas. Dallas tends to play close Primetime games. Philly plays us during a very tough stretch of schedule which goes Seattle, @Green Bay, New Orleans, @ Arizona and then @ Dallas. Also, they are a franchise that tends to get nicked up, so late in the season is good.

At New England will be tough with Cam because of how they scheme for young players.

Buffalo at home is also fortunate for the Cardinals as Buffalo will have played New England and then Seattle the two weeks prior and it is the game prior to their bye week.

Our conference schedule plays out fairly well. The best part is that we play our 2nd game vs SF very late and Jimmy G has a history of injuries. Also, the jury is still out on Goff which means if he struggles, he may be on a short leash when we play the Rams week 13 and 17. I only point this out because we have struggled vs McVay's Rams.

Guys, our over/under is 7.5. Bet the over. Outside of a significant regression or injuries by this team, it is a lock.
I’m 90% sure we lose against Dallas & I honestly don’t see how we matchup well with Philly, tbh. I think it’s the total opposite if anything.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see Cards winning three in a row on the road but it would be nice to beat Dallas!

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m 90% sure we lose against Dallas & I honestly don’t see how we matchup well with Philly, tbh. I think it’s the total opposite if anything.
Dallas consistently plays to their level of competition, especially in prime time. Add their trash secondary into the mix and we can definitely win.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 - @San Francisco - W Shock of the season
2 - Washington - W
3 - Detroit - W
4 - @Carolina - L
5 - @ NYJets - W
6 - @ Dallas MNF - L
7 - Seattle - L
8 - Bye
9 - Miami - W
10 - Buffalo - L
11 - @Seattle TNF - W
12 - @NE - L
13 - LARams - W
14 - @NYGiants - W
15 - Philadelphia - W
16 - San Francisco - L
17 - @LARams - L

9-7. 5-3 at home and 4-4 on the road. Split with the division

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
1 - @San Francisco - W Shock of the season
2 - Washington - W
3 - Detroit - W
4 - @Carolina - L
5 - @ NYJets - W
6 - @ Dallas MNF - L
7 - Seattle - L
8 - Bye
9 - Miami - W
10 - Buffalo - L
11 - @Seattle TNF - W
12 - @NE - L
13 - LARams - W
14 - @NYGiants - W
15 - Philadelphia - W
16 - San Francisco - L
17 - @LARams - L

9-7. 5-3 at home and 4-4 on the road. Split with the division
I will be pissed if we lose to first year head coach Carolina in week 4.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another way to look at this.

1 - @San Francisco - Likely Loss
2 - Washington - Likely Win
3 - Detroit - Likely Win
4 - @Carolina - Toss Up
5 - @ NYJets - Likely Win
6 - @ Dallas MNF - Likely Loss
7 - Seattle - Toss Up
8 - Bye
9 - Miami - Likely Win
10 - Buffalo - Toss Up
11 - @Seattle TNF - Toss Up
12 - @NE - Likely Loss
13 - LARams - Toss Up
14 - @NYGiants - Likely Win
15 - Philadelphia - Toss Up
16 - San Francisco - Likely Loss
17 - @LARams - Toss Up

So I have

5 Likely Wins saying 75% chance so 4 wins
4 Likely Loss so 25% chance so 1 win
7 Toss ups 50% so 4 wins

I feel pretty confident in 8-8 or 9-7 pre COVID team changes

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas consistently plays to their level of competition, especially in prime time. Add their trash secondary into the mix and we can definitely win.
That was under Garrett, though.

I don’t like McCarthy at all, but you would think under the first year of a new HC(experienced one at that), they’re going to come to guns blazing. I don’t like our defensive personnel vs their offensive personnel either. I think that’ll be a competitive loss.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For those who are interested, here is Dak's non-conference stats and record over his career.

40 games.
22 wins.
18 losses.
858 completions.
1288 attempts.
59 TDs.
25 Ints.

however...if you take out his rookie season and go off of his 30 most recent non-conference games...

30 games.
12 wins.
18 losses.
651 completions.
1012 attempts.
40 TDs.
24 Ints.

His TD to Int ratio drops from 2.36 to 1.66.

His comp % drops from 66.6% to 64.3%.

Essentially, outside of his outlier rookie season. Dak has feasted against his trash division and struggled against teams outside of it. Something that I have not heard discussed much with Dak.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That was under Garrett, though.

I don’t like McCarthy at all, but you would think under the first year of a new HC(experienced one at that), they’re going to come to guns blazing. I don’t like our defensive personnel vs their offensive personnel either. I think that’ll be a competitive loss.
I like our offense vs their secondary a lot.

I believe our defense will be better vs the run. I don't have too many hard a fast reasons outside of better familiarity with the scheme and better personnel overall. I don't think too much of Dak to be honest.

You are correct that McCarthy could be the catalyst Dak needs and Garrett could have been what was holding Dak back. I don't know that I believe that, but we will see.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Cards have a exceptionally long history of doing just that playing down to the level of competition remember Vinny Testeverde beating them with less than a week of practice it still sticks in my throat saying that
Well, I disagree with most of this premise. The Cardinals had a new HC that season. They were 3-2 heading into that game and Tim Rattay came in to play QB after Warner got knocked out after two attempts. I think they weren't very good and then lost their QB. Testeverde had 0 ints and Rattay had 3.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 - @San Francisco - L
2 - Washington - W
3 - Detroit - W
4 - @Carolina - W
5 - @ NYJets - L
6 - @ Dallas MNF - L
7 - Seattle - W
8 - Bye
9 - Miami - W
10 - Buffalo - W
11 - @Seattle TNF - L
12 - @NE - L
13 - LARams - W
14 - @NYGiants - W
15 - Philadelphia - L
16 - San Francisco - W
17 - @LARams - W

10-6

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Np
Well, I disagree with most of this premise. The Cardinals had a new HC that season. They were 3-2 heading into that game and Tim Rattay came in to play QB after Warner got knocked out after two attempts. I think they weren't very good and then lost their QB. Testeverde had 0 ints and Rattay had 3.
no arguments there but are lots of other times the team played down to their opponents I was just citing the one case that bothers me to this very day