Scary Thought

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What if DHop come back and he looks…

Washed?

He wasn’t blowing the doors off anyone last season before the injury. I’m not putting any stock into camp performances because we see how that’s gone so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if DHop come back and he looks…

Washed?

He wasn’t blowing the doors off anyone last season before the injury. I’m not putting any stock into camp performances because we see how that’s gone so far.
Any time someone comes back from PEDs, I’m skeptical they look like All-Pros again.

Can anyone think of examples of someone who did?

Shawn Merriman? Dude was washed out of the league within a couple years after being a monster.

Peterson? No.

Those are the first two that came to mind. Drawing blank on others.

I’d love to hear examples of guys who did… especially guys at age of 30 or more.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any time someone comes back from PEDs, I’m skeptical they look like All-Pros again.

Can anyone think of examples of someone who did?

Shawn Merriman? Dude was washed out of the league within a couple years after being a monster.

Peterson? No.

Those are the first two that came to mind. Drawing blank on others.

I’d love to hear examples of guys who did… especially guys at age of 30 or more.
Why do have to assume it was PEDs dude seems legit surprised and doesn’t have some history of cheating geesh…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do have to assume it was PEDs dude seems legit surprised and doesn’t have some history of cheating geesh…
Lol… not assuming anything. that’s what he was suspended for:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And they all seem “legit surprised” when they get busted. If you believe that, I’ve got some ocean front property in Yuma to sell you. DIRT cheap!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Before getting hurt in the Green Bay Thursday night game he was averaging one TD per game and his highest YPR in 3 years. The new additions in Moore and Green were taking some balls from him so the receptions weren’t high. I don’t think he’ll be washed but I’m worried his health.

If he is washed than you were right about him not seeing a 4th year here potentially.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt he’ll be totally washed. Dude still has ridiculous hands, length and a nose for holes in a defense after he catches the ball. But he’ll have to be All-Pro Hopkins to lift this putrid offense to new heights.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It is pretty evident that we are finding it hard to put the ball into the end zone without him. He changes the play in the red zone more than anything in my opinion. I think our offense will take a huge leap forward when he returns, both in passing and running.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol… not assuming anything. that’s what he was suspended for:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And they all seem “legit surprised” when they get busted. If you believe that, I’ve got some ocean front property in Yuma to sell you. DIRT cheap!
Yes he was suspended under the ped policy but that doesn’t mean he was using steroids or the like is what I meant. By most sources and other players he is a fanatic and about what he does and doesn’t put into his body so to just assume he was cheating is a bit much. These policies are a joke if over the counter proteins and supplements can make guys fail tests imo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he was suspended under the ped policy but that doesn’t mean he was using steroids or the like is what I meant. By most sources and other players he is a fanatic and about what he does and doesn’t put into his body so to just assume he was cheating is a bit much. These policies are a joke if over the counter proteins and supplements can make guys fail tests imo.
Those policies are ALL bargained for WITH the players. He didn’t even appeal his suspension.

You just said yourself… the guy is a FANATIC about what he puts in his body… yet was totally surprised by what he put in his body?! Think about the complete lack of logic to that argument.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Those policies are ALL bargained for WITH the players. He didn’t even appeal his suspension.

You just said yourself… the guy is a FANATIC about what he puts in his body… yet was totally surprised by what he put in his body?! Think about the complete lack of logic to that argument.
There was some penalty involved if he appealed, so it didn't make sense to.

I would believe it has more to do with the injury and trying to come back than to recover a drop in his performance. Last season was our year and everyone knew it, even J.J. made a miraculous return and I'm sure dhop was trying the same.

Everything just flew off the wheels, off a cliff, and exploded all in spectacular fashion.

That pile is still burning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was some penalty involved if he appealed, so it didn't make sense to.

I would believe it has more to do with the injury and trying to come back than to recover a drop in his performance. Last season was our year and everyone knew it, even J.J. made a miraculous return and I'm sure dhop was trying the same.

Everything just flew off the wheels, off a cliff, and exploded all in spectacular fashion.

That pile is still burning.
In either case, whether it was from drop off or to get back quicker, that’s still cheating, so that’s a difference without distinction.

And what was the penalty? Not insinuating there wasn’t one, but don’t remember and have seen other players appeal and fail… and even in rare cases, win (Richard Sherman).

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even scarier, look who’s looming on the schedule: the Panthers. I can hardly wait for Mayfield and McCaffrey to enjoy career days next week. Things are about to get much scarier and we all know it.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In either case, whether it was from drop off or to get back quicker, that’s still cheating, so that’s a difference without distinction.

And what was the penalty? Not insinuating there wasn’t one, but don’t remember and have seen other players appeal and fail… and even in rare cases, win (Richard Sherman).
Perhaps I am misremembering all the reasons why, but I think ultimately the window to appeal (and find the source) closed (it's a short window).

It's an easy excuse to pretend to be innocent and use that as an excuse, but if there is any legitimacy to his statement he wouldn't win because the rule is black and white so he had a 0% chance of winning.

Not condoning cheating, just the sentiment is that he is using it to be relevant, not to help with his injury. It didn't look like he used it while he was playing, it was only after he was out.

They have like what, 5 million substances banned? At a certain point it's pretty ridiculous.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You mean another P2 in the making? I will not bet against it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is even scarier is that the Cardinals are a miracle comeback away from being the only winless team in the league. Thank you 0-3 Raiders!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People here are betting the entire franchise on DHop with starting QB still playing. Hello!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the team was night and day different when Hop went down. Hoping he can bring that back. save for the 4th quarter vs the raiders, none of the cardinals football games have been worth watching this yr.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
the team was night and day different when Hop went down. Hoping he can bring that back. save for the 4th quarter vs the raiders, none of the cardinals football games have been worth watching this yr.
Same old frustrating crap from the 2nd half of last year. We've learned nothing, and still can't do anything without D-Hop on the field.

The Cardinals put up 30.2 points per game when Hopkins played last season, propelled by a blazing start in which they scored 31 or more points in each of the first four weeks.

Without him, their average dropped 10.45 points to 19.75.

Their offense with him was on pace to being second in the league in scoring just behind the Dallas Cowboys at 31.2. Their 19.75 points would have bested only 11 offenses in the league.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose