Reaction score
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Release date: August 9, 2019
Studio: CBS Films
Director: André Øvredal
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Kevin Hageman, Dan Hageman, Guillermo del Toro
Genre: Thriller, Horror

Starring: Zoe Colletti, Austin Abrams, Gabriel Rush, Michael Garza, Austin Zajur, Natalie Ganzhorn, Dean Norris, Gil Bellows, Lorraine Toussaint

Plot Summary: Based on the children's anthology book series by Alvin Schwartz. First published in 1981, the first book of what became a three-book series (it was followed by "More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" and "Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones") is officially described as follows:

This spooky addition to Alvin Schwartz's popular books on American folklore is filled with tales of eerie horror and dark revenge that will make you jump with fright. There is a story here for everyone -- skeletons with torn and tangled flesh who roam the earth; a ghost who takes revenge on her murderer; and a haunted house where every night a bloody head falls down the chimney. Stephen Gammell's splendidly creepy drawings perfectly capture the mood of more than two dozen scary stories -- and even scary songs -- all just right for reading alone or for telling aloud in the dark. If You Dare!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the trailer. Loved these books as a kid. My kids read them in school too. Love horror and suspense. I'm intrigued

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the trailer. Loved these books as a kid. My kids read them in school too. Love horror and suspense. I'm intrigued

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

It was just OK nothing great or special. Wait for it to come on Prime or Netflix

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was just OK nothing greta or special. Wait for it to come on Prime or Netflix

We're trying to coordinate to go see it with my 17 and 11 year olds sunday afternoon as long as we can all get together at the same time

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose