Saturday's ASU-LSU game switched to Tempe

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that a catch?

Holy cow where we lucky there. That should have been intercepted

Back to the catch... I wouldn't complain about it, but that was definitely very close.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This emotional roller coaster reminds me too much of the Rose Bowl. At least it's us going down the field with time expiring. Of course they still have to punch it in for the touchdown.

Joe

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
THAT WAS NOT A TOUCHDOWN!!! HE BOBBLED THE GOD DAMNED BALL OUT OF BOUNDS. WTF IS THE POINT OF HAVING INSTANT REPLAY IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE IT!!!

Re-**********-diculus.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this is just sickening. This game was ripe for the taking. I am so embarrassed by absolute stupidity on special teams.

I don't care what happens the rest of the year... the season is over....
they'll get blown out by USC and lose games to Cal and maybe be 8-3 7-4.. but who really cares....

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
i know there went the season if we win we have lots of momentum we lost so nowwe loose to at least cal and usc and maybve more

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
THAT WAS NOT A TOUCHDOWN!!! HE BOBBLED THE GOD DAMNED BALL OUT OF BOUNDS. WTF IS THE POINT OF HAVING INSTANT REPLAY IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE IT!!!

Re-**********-diculus.

to be honest I'm not sure replay would have overturned that. What's ridiculous is that they didn't even take the time to review the play.

I just watched it in slow motion. It was not a catch. He was juggling the ball when his foot came down inbounds. I don't think he ever had control of it, but if so he never put a foot down inbounds with possession of the football.

Nevertheless I would have felt almost guilty if replay would have taken back that catch.

It was not the referees that cost the ASU Sun Devils the game. It was the kicking game.

Great game! All I asked for was a close game. It would have been nice if ASU would have been able to pull it out, but I think they showed they are a very good football team despite the loss.

Joe Mama

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
to be honest I'm not sure replay would have overturned that. What's ridiculous is that they didn't even take the time to review the play.

I just watched it in slow motion. It was not a catch. He was juggling the ball when his foot came down inbounds. I don't think he ever had control of it, but if so he never put a foot down inbounds with possession of the football.

Nevertheless I would have felt almost guilty if replay would have taken back that catch.

It was not the referees that cost the ASU Sun Devils the game. It was the kicking game.

Great game! All I asked for was a close game. It would have been nice if ASU would have been able to pull it out, but I think they showed they are a very good football team despite the loss.

Joe Mama

I would feel the way you do if we were not up by 10 almost 13 and gave it away on 2 special teams disasters.....ugh!!

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
We had that Game - up until the point that Herring lost the fumble in the 3rd quarter. My wife said, quit worring, we are still up 17-7, "You don't know this team (ASU), we can't stop their run, and they could get a quick play here and there and be right back into it". I hate to be so right. (btw, what is up with our defensive front 4? I know they have a good line and good backs, but we made them look like they had only 7 guys to play against.)

Truth is, we score on that drive, go up 24-7, and now they can't come back - as long as we play smart special teams.

Holy Crap, I am depressed:thud:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
I would feel the way you do if we were not up by 10 almost 13 and gave it away on 2 special teams disasters.....ugh!!

I'm as sickened as anyone by the kicking game debacles, but I'm not blaming the loss on Dirk. He called a masterful offensive game tonight. I admit that I question why they were going for it all on the first three downs of that last offensive series when they had 45 seconds left, but overall he called a great game.

Joe Mama

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I'm as sickened as anyone by the kicking game debacles, but I'm not blaming the loss on Dirk. He called a masterful offensive game tonight. I admit that I question why they were going for it all on the first three downs of that last offensive series when they had 45 seconds left, but overall he called a great game.

Joe Mama

I put this loss squarely on his shoulders. I don't know any other coach in the country that would let a team get 2 blocked kicks against them for scores at home on national television.

I could see one, but not 2. There is no way I would try something so stupid as to roll my punter????

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
I put this loss squarely on his shoulders. I don't know any other coach in the country that would let a team get 2 blocked kicks against them for scores at home on national television.

I could see one, but not 2. There is no way I would try something so stupid as to roll my punter????

that's Osborne buddy. To criticize Dirk for keeping him around after last season I can understand. Osborne is supposed to be a great recruiter, but his special teams have been horrible.

Joe Mama