Sam Allardyce targets signings of Mbaye Diagne and Okay Yokuslu to help West Brom

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam Allardyce is targeting the signings of Mbaye Diagne and Okay Yokuşlu in a transfer breakthrough for West Bromwich Albion. West Brom hope Diagne, the Galatasaray forward, can fly into England in the next 24 hours ahead of a loan move for the remainder of the season. Allardyce is also in talks with Celta Vigo over a deal for midfielder Yokuşlu, the Turkey international, in a double swoop ahead of the club's Premier League showdown with Fulham this weekend. A forward and defensive midfielder have been West Brom's priorities since the transfer window opened, and both loan deals are expected to be sorted before the deadline on Monday. Diagne, 29, is a Senegal international with 11 goals this season while Yokuşlu, 26, has been chosen by Allardyce ahead of Leicester's Hamza Choudhury. Ahmed Musa, the former Leicester forward, is also training with the club and could join as a free agent until the end of this season. West Brom remain in the relegation zone after their 5-0 thrashing against Manchester City on Tuesday night, six points behind 17th-placed Brighton and with a poor goal difference. Allardyce has also lost four home games in a row with an aggregate score of 17-0. After Tuesday's defeat, he locked the players in the dressing room for an hour. He said: "All that was said needed to be said, and now the players can come in on Thursday and get ready for our big game against Fulham. "All my efforts are going to go into the next few days and the players I get in, and whether they can make a difference to the squad and get results. "Bringing in new players makes the players already here better, that's happened at Blackburn, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and even Everton. "It's been tried and tested by myself on many clubs and we have to find the right players who can make that difference. "If we're to get safe, historically it will take until the last four games of the season. Or even the last two or three. That is how long it will take to get out of the position we're in."

Continue reading...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose