saddest man in the world

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Just bought a new house and there's lots of work to do. So, I set out doing that and mowing the lawn figuring that I'll finish by 4 (EDT) and watch the first half on my 3 week old dish. :thumbup: Then we have to take our son to soccer, so I'll tape the second half or so.

Work takes longer than planned so I end up having to tape the whole thing. All good. I even do a test taping of the first few seconds. But,

I forgot to set the tape to the long play mode :eek: Came home and when I went by the VCR, I saw it was off already even though I set it to tape for 4 hours. Knew I was doomed then. But, I watched what I had only to have it crap out on me in the 3rd quarter when it was 3rd down after the punt that was downed at the two.

Oh well, at least I saw some of it. I got the payoff when I logged on to get the score.

So, for me it's:

:stupid: :trout: :hammer: :bang: :oops: :doi:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey ctfan, the answer is TIVO. No more vcr screwups. No more missed games.

DirecTv plus Tivo.

Harpo

All Hail the New Regime!
Reaction score
Amen Skkorp!!!!! I got Tivo a couple weeks ago, and it is the greatest thing EVER!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey ctfan, the answer is TIVO.
TIVO is a hard drive that records 30+ hours of programming from DirecTV. All you have to do to record a show is to bring down the programming grid, highlight the program and click the "Record" button on your remote.

Case in Point for TIVO - Yesterday we headed "down the shore" for one last shot at the beach before the weather cooled. And then Dr. G set up dinner followed by a movie with our grown son & daughter-in-law.

We got home at 9pm ET. I immediately headed for DirecTV and TIVO and watched the game as though it was in "real time." (Fast forwarded through all the commercial breaks too). Didn't find out we won til around midnight.

Note - The other thing that's so cool about TIVO is that you can rewind and then click "slo mo" to figure out who missed the block or got juked out his jock on an opposing run.