UPDATED: S Tre Boston signs with Cards

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really like this signing. The FO has done a fine job adding to the secondary post draft. Would still like to see another CB signed, but I'm much more comfortable with what we have now than I was two months ago.
Agreed. The CB and S signing/trade leaves me much more optimistic about the defense heading to the season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m 90% sure we’re gonna draft a Safety in the 2nd round next year.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great signing. It will be interesting to see how they manage snaps with Bethea, Baker, and Boston who are all starting caliber guys.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to bust this out! ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Those sleeves are WAY too small to be authentic.

Off topic... but I went to a game at Sun Devil Stadium, this crazy shootout between us and the Lions, great seats, like 3 rows back around the 40 yard line, and Pittman and Boston... those dudes stood out. They were so obviously jacked compared to everyone else on the team, biceps as large as lineman's legs. I don't know how many players were juicing at the time, but those two might as well have had needles sticking out of their earholes. I'm surprised Pittman could even move.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Jones
Nkimdiche - ?
Peters
Golden

Reddick* - ?
Bynes
Bucanon

Peterson
Taylor - ?
Baker*
Boston
Bethea

Those three question marks will be what sets this defense. I think we know what we are going to get out of the rest of the players, good or bad, but those three, who knows.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge Signing. I was very concerned about the depth at safety heading into training camp. Now we have 3 safeties who are capable of starting. I'm feeling much better about our D now.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

All of a sudden the offer isn't disrespectful anymore? Lol. This is the same vet min offer he was offered back then.

Anyway, this is a good signing for the Cardinals. He was excellent with the Chargers last season in coverage (not the best against the run though). If the Chargers hadn't drafted Derwin James, then I think we would have brought him back.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jones
Nkimdiche - ?
Peters
Golden

Reddick* - ?
Bynes
Bucanon

Peterson
Taylor - ?
Baker*
Boston
Bethea

Those three question marks will be what sets this defense. I think we know what we are going to get out of the rest of the players, good or bad, but those three, who knows.

Ugh. We really need to focus on linebacker next offseason. I have huge glaring doubts about all three of those guys. I feel good about our secondary though, maybe a little less excited about the DL, but it's not a "weakness" per se. Just a question of if they can all hold up inside.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

All of a sudden the offer isn't disrespectful anymore? Lol. This is the same vet min offer he was offered back then.

Anyway, this is a good signing for the Cardinals. He was excellent with the Chargers last season in coverage (not the best against the run though). If the Chargers hadn't drafted Derwin James, then I think we would have brought him back.
He can get another 1.5m, depending on performance/ playing time. It's what the market is at this point. Same when they signed Freeney and others in the past, iirc.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
LB still looks like a weakness.

But if we keep Golden healthy, you have to like our ability this year to put pressure on the opposing QB with just four or five rushers. The secondary looks pretty solid too, don't you think?

I'm telling you guys, we're going to win nine or ten games in 2018, and compete for a wild card spot. This is a good football team.

Last edited:
Reaction score

But if we keep Golden healthy, you have to like our ability this to put pressure on the opposing QB with just four or five rushers. The secondary looks pretty solid too, don't you think?

I'm telling you guys, we're going to win nine or ten games this year, and compete for a wild card spot. This is a good football team.

I agree but I get ridiculed for it. Sam is greatly underrated here. I think we are definitely going to surprise people. ;) :cheers:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

But if we keep Golden healthy, you have to like our ability this year to put pressure on the opposing QB with just four or five rushers. The secondary looks pretty solid too, don't you think?

I'm telling you guys, we're going to win nine or ten games in 2018, and compete for a wild card spot. This is a good football team.
LB is still huge weakness, which is likely why they are bolstering the secondary. Man, the LB core is one injury away from being 2001 Raynoch Thompson, Rutledge, Levar Woods, Zach Walz, Fredickson and McKinnon (I loved McKinnon) bad...

Ah, Who am I kidding, they actually may be worse than that now...

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LB is still huge weakness, which is likely why they are bolstering the secondary. Man, the LB core is one injury away from being 2001 Raynoch Thompson, Rutledge, Levar Woods, Zach Walz, Fredickson and McKinnon (I loved McKinnon) bad...

Our starting three (two first round picks) are sidelines fast and can cover the flats. We'll see how they do plugging holes and pressure, but I see promise.

P.S. Frederickson was good in his first year

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Its so difficult to tell. There is the huge unknown of moving to a 4-3 and how the players will adapt. Will Nkimdiche and Reddick make the jump this year? Is Golden fully healed and will he succeed as a 4-3 DE? Our LB corp is a huge unknown all the way across the board IMO. There is questionable depth at several positions across the D.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Wow! A Ray "Big Play Ray Making Big Plays Like Ray Always Does" Thompson reference! That is magnificent sir! Well done!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Its so difficult to tell. There is the huge unknown of moving to a 4-3 and how the players will adapt. Will Nkimdiche and Reddick make the jump this year? Is Golden fully healed and will he succeed as a 4-3 DE? Our LB corp is a huge unknown all the way across the board IMO. There is questionable depth at several positions across the D.

No, you're right MadCard. Throw in a new defensive coaching staff, and you have even more uncertainty.

But this is the NFL, where parity rules except in the land of clam chowder, and I think the cards have enough talent to make enough plays on both sides of the ball to be better than .500.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! A Ray "Big Play Ray Making Big Plays Like Ray Always Does" Thompson reference! That is magnificent sir! Well done!

the Big Play Ray moniker might have been the dumbest one ever bestowed on any player on the Cardinals. That dude was NO Play Ray. I literally can't remember one play that guy ever made.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson