Rumor: Patrick Peterson to be traded or not or maybe

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I see Peterson being just fine and playing a few more years as a Cardinal and he would make one hell of a free safety once his speed declines in my opinion... but this all hinges on Kingsbury and Murray, because if they show that there is a proverbial rainbow over the horizon, Peterson and even Fitzgerald might just want to be a part of this progression which results in productive stats and winning

Exactly how I feel this could play out. Of course, it's all contingent on how well the KK/K1 system pans out. Fitz is extremely goal oriented, so if this offense produces big numbers, he'll hang around to possibly surpass Rice. He'd keep himself in freakish shape if it also meant going deep into the playoffs. I also see Peterson hanging around as a free safety if the Cardinals prove to be a legit contender the next 3-4 years.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel this could play out. Of course, it's all contingent on how well the KK/K1 system pans out. Fitz is extremely goal oriented, so if this offense produces big numbers, he'll hang around to possibly surpass Rice. He'd keep himself in freakish shape if it also meant going deep into the playoffs. I also see Peterson hanging around as a free safety if the Cardinals prove to be a legit contender the next 3-4 years.
We know now for sure Fitz at least wants to be second of all time and first of all time with only 1 team, that maybe never will be accomplished by any other player.

If Kingsbury and Murray produce an offense that have 3-4 700-1000 yards players, be sure that Fitz will try his best to play as long as possible with 700-1000 yards a year, 7 more years and he would surpass Rice but truth be told another 4-5 years is max and with that fitz will maybe try to pass the 20k mark, but the 246 receptions are possible. The only two players that could be dangourous to Fitz in the next decade is Antonio Brown, but I'm not sure if Brown at 5'10 can play that long and Julio Jones, but both are already 30 and will be Brown 31 when the season starts, so althought I don't question Julio Jones he seems the guy that could beat Fitz, Brown is questionable at best. But both had a good QB all the time, Fitz only twice for short periods, but Brown and Jones could face the same problem soon.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd watch Larry play until he's 100. Sign me up.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Keim: Patrick Peterson Isn't Going Anywhere
There has been a lot of speculation about the Cardinals and potential roster moves the last few days, including whether the team could be a landing spot for disgruntled Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey. Cardinals GM Steve Keim wasn't getting into all that during his appearance Friday on the "Doug and Wolf" show on 98.7, Arizona's Sports Station, the biggest reason being it would be tampering.

But when it was suggested the Cardinals might be willing to trade Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson, Keim quickly shut that idea down.

"We're not trading Pat and that's something we've been very consistent with," Keim said noting that Peterson is "arguably the best corner in the National Football League."
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/steve-keim-patrick-peterson-isn-t-going-anywhere

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Bob McManaman
@azbobbymac

·
1h

Steve Keim on 98.7-FM: "We're not trading Pat (Peterson). ... To lose someone like Patrick Peterson would make us worse."

One of the pleasant surprises so far is the play of Murphy and Jones. Peterson should be able to step in and move Brock to the bench.

David Johnson has been the unpleasant surprise.
His inability to step up and pass protect has led to numerous pressures and negative plays.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
One of the pleasant surprises so far is the play of Murphy and Jones. Peterson should be able to step in and move Brock to the bench.

David Johnson has been the unpleasant surprise.
His inability to step up and pass protect has led to numerous pressures and negative plays.

Brock is going to the slot as the original plan, so the bench sounds a little harsh... since most defenses are in a hybrid nickle seemingly more than not

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought people on here were ok with his pass blocking, and not so much with the other running backs?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brock is going to the slot as the original plan, so the bench sounds a little harsh... since most defenses are in a hybrid nickle seemingly more than not

Brock has played well. The play that Jackson threw to Brown, and basically clinched the game for the Ravens was great coverage. Unfortunately Jackson made an even better throw.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Nah, I think the go with Peterson and Jones with Murphy in the slot. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next DB off the bench be one of the Thompsons.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Keim: GM Says It Again -- Cardinals Won't Trade Patrick Peterson
The impact Patrick Peterson should have on the Cardinals now that he has returned should be "immense," GM Steve Keim said Friday during an appearance on the "Doug and Wolf" show on 98.7, Arizona's Sports Station. "We've certainly had our issues in that area."

Along those lines, Keim again noted that the Cardinals won't be trading the cornerback, and even said that despite reports, he has not gotten any calls recently from teams asking if Peterson was available.

"I don't know why the questions persist," Keim said. "I have addressed it multiple times, last week or a couple of weeks ago -- we are not trading Patrick Peterson. Our stance is simply been, why trade a player in his prime at one of the hardest positions to find, for a maybe or a couple of maybes (with draft picks).

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/steve-keim-gm-says-it-again-cardinals-won-t-trade-patrick-peterson

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave