LT
C
WR
DT
EDGE
RT
WR
DT

CB is probably in there somewhere but I feel you can make a secondary work with less talent when you have a legit pass rush. Personally, I would rather pay for a veteran secondary and draft my defensive front vs the opposite.
Is this the ranking of value positions or what the Cards 2023 needs are? This is confusing.

Needs will change after free agency starts; more importantly, you don't draft a this-year need at #3 overall. If you're in the top 5 or so, you have to take the guy on the board that you think is has the most potential to have the greatest impact over the next five years.

I also think we need guards. Our guards suck.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals do trade Hopkins and also made this trade, I'd probably look at WR at 18 depending on who is available as well.

The top three guys are significantly better than the next tier, so if you feel you need another receiver, you'd probably want one of Johnston, Addison, and Smith-Njigba.

ONe of the 10 thousand rumors that hits my phone every day about the draft said Buffalo wants D Hop and would offer Gabe Davis and picks for him if they can figure out how to swing the money.

I want to keep D Hop but if we trade him we sure as hell better get someone back with more upside than Gabe Davis? He does score TD's, 7 twice 6 once in his 3 seasons, 4 in that playoff game, but I suspect much of that is playing with Josh Allen at QB and Diggs at WR, if he comes here he's not going to have Diggs to attract doubles and he might not have Kyler for part of the season.

So yeah I'd much rather get multiple #1's somehow and get a WR with one of them.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Does this still hold? I always thought the Lions were most hot for Jalen Carter. They have a million edge rushers already.

They can probably pick Carter up at 18 after today.
You‘re right, Lions are out.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Okay Harry...you been around a while.
You should post rumors...but use the format of the best rumor mill in NFL history... remember "The Way We Hear It"?........ back in the day, Pro Football Weekly was by far the best rumor mill with their TWWHI section...
you should make it the , "The Way I Hear It" threads.
I don’t steal other people’s headlines.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Here is the thing...I wouldn't do it. There is too much room for failure in this. As much as we need depth, we also need cheap, high end talent and Anderson will provide this at a key position. For me, adding a mid CB and a future mid NFL player doesn't overcome the value Anderson will bring.
Keep in mind one player could be destroyed by injury. Three injuries is very remote; safety in numbers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is this the ranking of value positions or what the Cards 2023 needs are? This is confusing.

Needs will change after free agency starts; more importantly, you don't draft a this-year need at #3 overall. If you're in the top 5 or so, you have to take the guy on the board that you think is has the most potential to have the greatest impact over the next five years.

I also think we need guards. Our guards suck.
Just in general for building a roster. Agree or not, we are committed to Kyler so QB is locked. Humphries is fine at LT for now. FA will hopefully fill out some areas. I feel Anderson at 3 is likely our best path to adding a top pass rusher. We do need guards but I would prioritize C because they are tougher to find imo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose