Rumor of the Day

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know some of you hate rumors, but I think they can provide a good basis for discussions. I’m on some email chains with knowledge people who have bold questions. Here’s one.

The Lions may be considering offering the Cards the Lions 2 first round picks (6,18) for the Cards’ third pick. Would you do it if you were the Cards’ GM?

My answer: I’d pass, but if I did it I’d trade down at 6 too. I’d try to grab Van Ness or Bresee With one of my picks. I think the top DLs would be gone by 6. I’m not convinced Murphy has the motor.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I know some of you hate rumors, but I think they can provide a good basis for discussions. I’m on some email chains with knowledge people who have bold questions. Here’s one.

The Lions may be considering offering the Cards the Lions 2 first round picks (6,18) for the Cards’ third pick. Would you do it if you were the Cards’ GM?

My answer: I’d pass, but if I did it I’d trade down at 6 too. I’d try to grab Van Ness or Bresee With one of my picks. I think the top DLs would be gone by 6. I’m not convinced Murphy has the motor.
With the Carter news, #3 becomes more valuable, IMO...and Anderson could very well be gone in top 2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Does this still hold? I always thought the Lions were most hot for Jalen Carter. They have a million edge rushers already.

They can probably pick Carter up at 18 after today.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

If Anderson is gone, 6 and 18 would be a great haul for #3.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Assuming Anderson gone, I don't think we take Carter, at least at 3.

If we got 6 and 18, we should consider him at one of those spots.

New regime, who knows what Monti will do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Assuming Anderson gone, I don't think we take Carter, at least at 3, but if we got 6 and 18, we should consider him at one of those spots.

New regime, who knows what Monti will do.

Really depends. Lots of details to come out yet.

If it turns out he could have stopped and helped then he might be done. Won't be anyone interested in someone who let a teammate die to save his own ass.

If he did stop to help but it was game over and then he left the scene it's still not good, but salvageable. If the police just treat him as a witness that left then it will all be relatively minor but if they have proof from bars he was at that he was drinking and they go after him for racing, leaving the scene of an accident and first-degree vehicular homicide (if Carter hit the vehicle).

A similar thing happened recently in Georgia. Still much to learn about this one.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really depends. Lots of details to come out yet.

If it turns out he could have stopped and helped then he might be done. Won't be anyone interested in someone who let a teammate die to save his own ass.

If he did stop to help but it was game over and then he left the scene it's still not good, but salvageable. If the police just treat him as a witness that left then it will all be relatively minor but if they have proof from bars he was at that he was drinking and they go after him for racing, leaving the scene of an accident and first-degree vehicular homicide (if Carter hit the vehicle).

A similar thing happened recently in Georgia. Still much to learn about this one.

Exactly. We have no idea other than he was involved in some sort of racing.

Was Carter just joking around and the others taking it waaayyy to serious because of drinking?

It could be minor or could be huge. We just don't know. Doesn't look good. Shouldn't jump to conclusions, but he now has the onus to come clean to NFL teams.

It's a misdemeanor charge, so he needs to make the calculus. Do you risk the punishment of a misdemeanor by letting out info that might get you convicted on a minor charge, or do you clam up?

If he keeps quiet, it looks really bad imo.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Anderson is on the board? No frakking way. Learn the lesson of the trade down that crushed us. Otherwise, it might be a good option, unless we can get a better deal elsewhere.
My thoughts exactly Stout. Anderson or a trade down in which we get a second #1.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ll do it. We need the talent, which many people of the board says.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't. I don't think 6 and 18 is enough.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Yeah seems a given Anderson will be gone...especially with Carter likely out of the mix...

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If Anderson is gone I'd do it. In fact there may be a higher offer if the #2 QB is still on the board.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I would for sure take #6 and #18....because #6 SHOULD put us in position for ANOTHER trade down to a team going for a QB like Richardson or Levis.

That 2nd trade is where you stockpile some picks in 24 and 25.

#3 for #6 and #18

Then

#6 for #9 and the Panthers 2024 1st round pick.

#9- Devon Witherspoon
#18 - Carter???

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Okay Harry...you been around a while.
You should post rumors...but use the format of the best rumor mill in NFL history... remember "The Way We Hear It"?........ back in the day, Pro Football Weekly was by far the best rumor mill with their TWWHI section...
you should make it the , "The Way I Hear It" threads.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd consider the trade down in Anderson is gone because I see a number of nearly equal players after Anderson.

As much as I'm adverse to drafting a corner, Gonzalez would be a good add as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If the Cardinals do trade Hopkins and also made this trade, I'd probably look at WR at 18 depending on who is available as well.

The top three guys are significantly better than the next tier, so if you feel you need another receiver, you'd probably want one of Johnston, Addison, and Smith-Njigba.