Rumor - DeAndre Hopkins wanted out because of Kyler Murray

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Again I won't say when or where this conversation took place - but I will say DeAndre Hopkins said he wanted to be traded. When asked why, Hopkins said "because the quarterback sucks"

The person who had the conversation with Hopkins told someone who I am familiar with about the conversation and quote. The person who had the conversation with Hopkins isn't a football fan, neither is the person who told me about it. I do believe there is zero reason for either to lie about this, and I consider the accounts to be credible.

I wasn't going to share this but eventually decided to because this is ASFN and I love me some ASFN. I'm not a Kyler Murray hater btw, I think we gave him a lot of money and a very long contract but I haven't given up on on the guy. You don't have to believe me lol but I'm pretty much not giving anything else up regarding the interaction, you're welcome

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again I won't say when or where this conversation took place - but I will say DeAndre Hopkins said he wanted to be traded. When asked why, Hopkins said "because the quarterback sucks"

The person who had the conversation with Hopkins told someone who I am familiar with about the conversation and quote. The person who had the conversation with Hopkins isn't a football fan, neither is the person who told me about it. I do believe there is zero reason for either to lie about this, and I consider the accounts to be credible.

I wasn't going to share this but eventually decided to because this is ASFN and I love me some ASFN. I'm not a Kyler Murray hater btw, I think we gave him a lot of money and a very long contract but I haven't given up on on the guy. You don't have to believe me lol but I'm pretty much not giving anything else up regarding the interaction, you're welcome
Most of the QBs Hopkins has played for 'sucks.' No wonder why he wants to be traded all the time.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
So he only wants to play for a team with a Super Bowl caliber QB that’s ready made to win the title? Didn’t realize Phoenix had Kevin Durant on their Football team too…. (ducks, runs and hides)
Rude!

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news.

This just in: A guy who knows a guy who knows a guy reports that DHop says KM sucks. I repeat DHop says KM sucks.

Thank you for your attention and after this commercial from Pepto-Bismol we will return to regular programming.
Expected these replies going in

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Fake news!

Dhop has been & will always be about his bonus $money$ due. Great player! But is he a total TEAM player? Hes got $30 mill coming his way & wants out? Didn’t he do the same in Houston? He’s done it twice now. Right or wrong but it makes you wonder hmmm

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fake news!

Dhop has been & will always be about his bonus $money$ due. Great player! But is he a total TEAM player? Hes got $30 mill coming his way & wants out? Didn’t he do the same in Houston? He’s done it twice now. Right or wrong but it makes you wonder hmmm
He actually “only” has $19 million coming this season, and that’s why he’s looking for a new deal.

That’s still #7 among WRs, but no guarantees.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So he only wants to play for a team with a Super Bowl caliber QB that’s ready made to win the title? Didn’t realize Phoenix had Kevin Durant on their Football team too…. (ducks, runs and hides)
Lol… who on the Suns is the equivalent of a Super Bowl caliber QB ready to win the title?

He definitely deserves that rap for the move to GS but I’m pretty sure the Suns got embarrassed last year in the playoffs, humiliated in the second round on their own home court. And last I checked… they were 33-31 when they traded for KD.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The conversation probably did take place. Hopkins was a terrific receiver but not for the past two years. Injuries and the 6 game suspension has diminished his value. He also is a prima donna that doesn't like to practice and Kingsbury never confronted him. He is all about "me". He certainly doesn't fit the mode that Monti and Gannon want on the team. He will be traded.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Lol… who on the Suns is the equivalent of a Super Bowl caliber QB ready to win the title?

He definitely deserves that rap for the move to GS but I’m pretty sure the Suns got embarrassed last year in the playoffs, humiliated in the second round on their own home court. And last I checked… they were 33-31 when they traded for KD.
Lol. I was just messing with y’all. I know nothing about the NBA.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose