Rumblings Jamal Adams is on the block

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Jets control Adams’ destiny for the next three seasons. He’s under contract this year. He’s under contract for 2021 (fifth-year option). They can then slap him with the franchise tag in 2022. If Douglas is really feeling frisky, he can use the tag a second time in 2023 — it’s not like safeties make all that much. If Adams doesn’t show up — for mandatory minicamp (if there is one), training camp (again, if there is one), or games (again, if there are any) — they can fine him. This isn’t like Jacksonville’s Yannick Ngakoue. He played out his contract. He’s now on the tag. The Jaguars can’t fine him because he’s not a part of the team until he signs that.

The only potential play for Adams is if he demands a trade and says he won’t show up until he’s dealt. Then he’d have to hold out of every team activity this year. Teams would certainly line up to acquire the safety. The Ravens and Cowboys were among the two most interested at the deadline last year. Dallas had a first-round pick on the table. The Jets wouldn’t consider anything that didn’t include a first and two seconds.

Putting this to rest now....... It ain't worth speculating about anymore. The Jets are in complete control.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The dude is a serious game wrecker though:

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Boooo......

I am just going to promise that the Jets are not going to let Adams decide if he is going to be traded, and where he is going to be traded to (this is of course not aimed at you, Jones).

Oh, and I value Budda Baker very high, but Adams is one of the premier defenders in the league. If you can get him, you don’t even consider being cute. Your first offer is at least a first round pick. I obviously know that Keim got both Chandler Jones and Hopkins for second round picks, but I get back to my point that you don’t get cute here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave