Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone on twitter was skeptical since it is April Fool's Day.

Genius day for an announcement like this. LOL

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, but too many are reporting it - and I predicted he would retire this year.

Oh, yeah. It definitely appears to be legit, but the timing is ridiculous. Why not one day before or after April 1st?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder who's next up. Can they pull Brad Stevens out of the NBA?

Wes Miller is probably a good hire he's apparently a good young coach but doesn't have the name recognition. Stackhouse does but I don't think he's a good coach and I think with his ties to AAU it would be pretty tempting for him to cheat. People are saying Hubert Davis is in the running too. It's still a great job but I think the academic scandal may have tainted it a bit

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not a surprise given his age but surprise is it came out of nowhere. Usually guys on Williams level announce in advance when they are leaving to give school time to find replacement.

Don't cry for UNC, they can get anyone not named Krzyzewski. Hell, its probably the only job that could take a guy like Mark Few away from GONZ.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wes Miller is probably a good hire he's apparently a good young coach but doesn't have the name recognition. Stackhouse does but I don't think he's a good coach and I think with his ties to AAU it would be pretty tempting for him to cheat. People are saying Hubert Davis is in the running too. It's still a great job but I think the academic scandal may have tainted it a bit

I don't see Stevens leaving the NBA

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a surprise given his age but surprise is it came out of nowhere. Usually guys on Williams level announce in advance when they are leaving to give school time to find replacement.

Don't cry for UNC, they can get anyone not named Krzyzewski. Hell, its probably the only job that could take a guy like Mark Few away from GONZ.

There were signs - he kissed the court after the last home game of the season, just made a huge donation to the program. I had him on my short list of big coaching vacancies.

Coaches that have a Private school gig are hard to pry away - and Few has shown he can compete with anyone there.

Few also seems to like the players that will stay a few years.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Word is he’s just sick of the state of CBB and called it quits. There was no whispers at all about it.

UNC always hire ex-Heels which is how they ended up with Guthridge and Doherty.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AS long as they don't get Mick Cronin I'm good!