ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CB Carlton Davis Auburn

WR Christian Kirk Texas a&m

ILB Josey Jewell Iowa

My top 3 for day 2

Reaction score
Hernandez and Jackson seem like they would be high on their list

I think there is a good chance they go OL or CB in round 2 with WR also being a possibility, maybe Sutton or Kirk

Last edited:

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DJ Chark
Christian Kirk (but isn't he a slot WR? can he play outside a la steve smith at his size?)

I don't know enough about these CBs yet.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Jackson & Kirk are gone before ARZ is on the clock. I take best OL (Jamarco Jones will be best OT available).

Jamarco Jones
James Daniels
Courtland Sutton

If either Josh Jackson or Isaiah Oliver is there you snap them up otherwise go OL to protect future with Rosen.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
DJ Chark
Christian Kirk (but isn't he a slot WR? can he play outside a la steve smith at his size?)

I don't know enough about these CBs yet.

Kirk would do great here. With rumors that Larry Legend is returning to the outside, that would leave the slot for Kirk

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
My order:

Josh Jackson
Courtland Sutton
Christian Kirk
Mike Gesicki
Isiah Oliver
Connor Williams
Will Hernandez

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kirk would do great here. With rumors that Larry Legend is returning to the outside, that would leave the slot for Kirk

Hadn't heard that rumor. Of course, McCoy is known to run a lot of intermediate routs in layers, which would bode well for both of them.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
a corner would be good. but we need a starting RT...and we need stronger interior linemen, we do have to face aaron donald and donkey kong twice a year now...they are gonna eat shipley alive

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My order:

Josh Jackson
Courtland Sutton
Christian Kirk
Mike Gesicki
Isiah Oliver
Connor Williams
Will Hernandez

I love this list, unfortunately it's probably going to read exactly as the selections will go to start the round.
We have a pretty solid set of OLB's, but the best player left on the board is Harold Landry, who is a Chubb like beast of a pass rusher.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk, Josh Jackson, Courtland Sutton in that order.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard those rumors, and it wouldn't make sense to me for Fitz to move back outside. Can you point us to a source??

...dave

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CB2 is our greatest need, but in Round Two, I really think that SK will go with the BPA at a position of need. So, I'm guessing that will also include WR's and the OL. Since, no one is pushing him, I'll give a Shout Out for Anthony Miller, who can play on the O/S AND in the Slot. But like I said CB2, imo, is our greatest need.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1 - Joshua Jackson, CB
2 - Isiah Oliver, CB
3 - Carlton Davis, CB
4 - Christian Kirk, WR
5 - Will Hernandez, OG
6 - Malik Jefferson, ILB
7 - Harold Landry, Edge/DE/SILB
8 - Connor Williams, OT
---------------------------------------- Try and trade down
9 - Courtland Sutton, WR
10 - Ronnie Harrison, S
11 - Dallas Geodert, TE
12 - Nick Chubb, HB
13 - James Washington, WR
14 - Mark Andrews, TE
15 - Justin Reid, S

There is my top 15 at the moment. I little bit of a clunky list, but I think those would all be good choices.

Having the monkey off the back of this team to get a QoF, opens up the rest of this draft to start thinking that 2 years from now, we should be planning for a run with Rosen at QB.

Youth at just about any position is a plus, so BPA to the highest order would be the best way to go, yet that CB#2 position tho!

The way things are going, I would be shocked if at least Carlton Davis is not there when the Cardinals pick at #2.

Last edited:

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
James Daniels C
Courtland Sutton WR
Christian Kirk WR
Josh Jackson CB
Isaiah Oliver CB
Connor Williams OT
Will hernandez OG

Any of these in round 2 for me

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
This draft is shaking out perfectly for us. We could very well land a player with a low 1st round grade in the mid 2nd.

Quite a few marquee names left who've been mentioned already.

Since we took Rosen, OL and WR would be my top priorities in rounds 2 and 3. Again, really favorable remaining board for us with good OL and WR depth.

It's paramount to keep drafting OL, because Rosen is deadly if given protection. This is true for any QB, but even more so for a natural pocket passer who looks like he's cherishing taking hits. With Keim in charge I have no doubt we will keep going aggressively after OL every draft and in free agency. Particularly center is a position I'd love a more talented player than Shipley or Behm to grow alongside Rosen. Our experienced veteran guards could help a lot early on.

Also we can't leave this draft without taking a weapon for Rosen. While I hope the Rosen selection makes Fitz continue playing a few more years, you have to really prepare for the time after him and we need receiving weapons anyway. Doesn't need to be a shiny physical specimen or track champion, just a good route runner with reliable hands to form a consistent duo with Rosen for years to come.

If we get rounds 2 and 3 right just like we did in the 1st, our offense could surprise many people really soon. Not the biggest Mike McCoy fan, but him and Rosen are a match made in heaven. There is no doubt Rosen will start sooner rather than later.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave