Rotten (Netflix)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is quite an eye opener.

The origins of every single piece of chocolate and the way the farmers are treated and paid on a more then 100 billion dollar industry. It’s seriously disturbing and pathetic. Almost all cocoa farmer ms makes less then 1.00 a day and live in extreme poverty.

The modern day slavery that takes place and the beating that some of the workers endure is disturbing. I seriously think I’m good and won’t buy chocolate anymore. Was never a fanatic anyway so won’t be that difficult.

The Sugar episode is almost as ugly. Again extreme poverty ooor working conditions. And foul treatment.

All I can do is SMH and sit here disgusted that humans are still treated this way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is quite an eye opener.

The origins of every single piece of chocolate and the way the farmers are treated and paid on a more then 100 billion dollar industry. It’s seriously disturbing and pathetic. Almost all cocoa farmer ms makes less then 1.00 a day and live in extreme poverty.

The modern day slavery that takes place and the beating that some of the workers endure is disturbing. I seriously think I’m good and won’t buy chocolate anymore. Was never a fanatic anyway so won’t be that difficult.

The Sugar episode is almost as ugly. Again extreme poverty ooor working conditions. And foul treatment.

All I can do is SMH and sit here disgusted that humans are still treated this way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I watched the episode about honey and thought top myself "how the hell can honey make people do that to other people" and I was shocked.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the episode about honey and thought top myself "how the hell can honey make people do that to other people" and I was shocked.
It’s literally crazy I’m in shock and sad

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series is one of the best and most important documentaries out there in my opinion. It changed our buying habits. They were all good, but the two that really hit the hardest for me were chocolate and garlic.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series is one of the best and most important documentaries out there in my opinion. It changed our buying habits. They were all good, but the two that really hit the hardest for me were chocolate and garlic.
What did you change? Garlic is pretty necessary....

I will be growing my own garlic soon, so, there is that

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you change? Garlic is pretty necessary....

I will be growing my own garlic soon, so, there is that
What kind and what brands I would buy. I will will not buy peeled garlic ever again as an example.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind and what brands I would buy. I will will not buy peeled garlic ever again as an example.
Interesting, I have not watched the show so moreso was just a curiosity. so, buying straight up unbranded garlic cloves is not supporting these conditions? That's what I buy.