(Rotoworld) Cards expected to release DJ

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What if Kenyan Drake was brought in to kick DJ in the ego? Maybe they thought DJ was cruising, not putting in the work outside the gym. Too confident that his contract cemented him in as starter.

A 6th round pick that was unlikely to stick on the roster for the potential of getting DJ's head back on straight would be worth it. Let him know nothing is guaranteed if he doesn't perform and that he's gone after this year if he doesn't turn it around. With the added bonus that Drake gives Kyler a boost in those games.

I've seen that often in my career. Guys that get too comfortable. Start phoning it in. Think they are too important to the company. Suddenly an outside consultant comes in and they get back on their game.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Johnson can't be pushed by anyone, in this point of his career he is just a bad running back, probably one of the worse in the nfl
No burst, soft, no tenacity, no instict, doesn't brake a single tackle, a liability in pass blocking

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Johnson can't be pushed by anyone, in this point of his career he is just a bad running back, probably one of the worse in the nfl
No burst, soft, no tenacity, no instict, doesn't brake a single tackle, a liability in pass blocking

DJ clearly didn't play up to his contract last season. However calling him one of the worst RBs in the NFL just isn't accurate.

In the first 6 games before his injury sidelined him and the Cardinals traded for Drake, DJ had:

102 all purpose yards per game
3.92 Rushing yards per attempt
0.833 TDs per game

To put that in perspective, during DJ's amazing 2016 season he had:

132 all purpose yards per game
4.2 Rushing yards per attempt
1.2 TDs per game

With Kenyan Drake's 8 games with the Cardinals, Drake had:

102 all purpose yards per game
5.23 Rushing yards per attempt
1.0 TD per game

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
How did a player that was so explosive turn into nothing? And he is a gym rat

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Most teams have at least ONE bad contract.

Look at the Rams, the have a QB with an 80 something QB rating and he is paid top 5 money. They also have the top paid RB who will soon be relegated to using a walker.

The one benefit to holding onto DJ for another year is that when they do release him, likely after this coming season, he will open up a healthy amount of cap space for another big contract.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we decide to trade him and including our third and fifth there will be several suitors
DJ with his ability to catch the football would help a lot some young qb's
Thats why I thought trading him for Trent Williams would be fair for both teams

We'll lose the 5th with the signing of Drake, I believe.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’ve been saying this for three years. He’s too much of a gym rat. He got too big. No running back needs the upper body weight he carries.
This is Henry, when he was still at Alabama...

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is Henry, when he was still at Alabama...

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Different builds though. Henry is a naturally big guy.

Also Henry is about as agile as a brick. His game is power. You aint going to see Henry execute a jump cut.

DJ in 15 and 16 had great agility and he had a killer jump cut. He's lost all that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’d cost a 6th to dump him and we’re already missing a 5th. Prepare for a lot of healthy scratches next year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’d cost a 6th to dump him and we’re already missing a 5th. Prepare for a lot of healthy scratches next year.

We have Miami fifth round pick (rosen trade)
A sixth from New England ( Cunningham)

New England pick is in the bottom of round 6, so if we don't Resign drake, that pick will be the compensation for drake 8 games

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We have Miami fifth round pick (rosen trade)
A sixth from New England ( Cunningham)

New England pick is in the bottom of round 6, so if we don't Resign drake, that pick will be the compensation for drake 8 games

Copy that. Forgot about Rosen.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
David Johnson will never be the all-around great back that got him the big contract. But, I think he can still be a valuable role player in the passing game. The offence needs to adapt to his strength and he needs to accept his new role as well.
Too much to lose by just cutting him...and Keim agrees.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Johnson will never be the all-around great back that got him the big contract. But, I think he can still be a valuable role player in the passing game. The offence needs to adapt to his strength and he needs to accept his new role as well.
Too much to lose by just cutting him...and Keim agrees.

Right, then I think he is willing to prove something next season, he knows he was heavily criticized

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
kliff needs to find a way to utilize DJ if he's going to be on the team taking up that much cap space. he's still very effective as a receiver out of the back field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose