Rostered Players w/ Potential to be Traded

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just some thoughts here on players who would likely make the final roster but might be part of trade talks as roster cuts get closer. Not much value here other than trading these players to other teams that are in a similar spot.

Christian Kirk. Right now he is targeted for the #3 WR role but if we are being honest, it could be the 4th WR spot sooner vs later. Rondale looks great and it will be tough to justify taking him off the field. We might just run a ton of 10 personnel but as of now, I trust Moore over Kirk. Along the same lines, Dortch, Wesley and KJohnson all look like viable roster options and Isabella is looming in the wind.

Andy Isabella. Same as Kirk in a lot of respects. You aren't getting much, but you might get a RB or TE or S that a team feels similarly about. Example, KC has a ton of TEs but their WR group looks mediocre. Maybe that trade a 4th TE for Isabella in hopes a change of scenery helps.

Jordan Hicks. Vet guy who took a demotion. Could be an easy roster swap.

Justin Murray. Injured right now I believe but Harlow has looked good, Garcia can play G and C, and Josh Jones looks ok. Teams are generally looking for OL depth that can start and Murray fits that criteria if the right deal presented itself.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Kirk goes. I think they want to see what he can do in the slot and frankly for what you would get with only 1 year left on his contract it's probably not worth it.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd trade Kirk for Ertz, Howard, or Njoku.

All of them are potentially 1 year rentals, but bring more to the table than kirk.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’d get nothing but a 6th or 7 th if we were lucky for Issabella.
What has Kirk done that would inspire anybody to want him?

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kirk is tough like was said it's his last year on the contract. But I think it's pretty apparent so far it's just a matter of time if not already before Rondale takes reps from him. They really need to decide how confident they are in the health of Green and Moore. If you think they're going to miss some games you have to keep Kirk because he can play both positions. If you think they might play the whole season, and you can get something of value for Kirk, you might want to trade him.

I know Kyler wasn't good last night but in 2 throws to Kirk they were not on the same page either play and based on the overall reaction my guess is both of them Kirk was in the wrong. On the 2nd one I think it was what everyone complains Kyler doesn't do, he threw Kirk open by throwing the ball inside seeing the DB was playing it to go outside. Kirk recognized it too late and then dropped the ball at minimal contact. If Kirk is on the same page and cuts in sooner that's a huge play because the DB was going to overrun that for sure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Whether Kirk gets traded depends on the comp back. He’ll prolly yield a 4th round comp pick if he leaves next year. Hard to imagine anyone giving that up right now to borrow him for a season with no camp to get reps during.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd trade Kirk for Ertz, Howard, or Njoku.

All of them are potentially 1 year rentals, but bring more to the table than kirk.
This is the type of return you get back. A fringe RB, TE, S, ILB, or OLB. I doubt anyone really gives up much in terms of draft picks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kirk, dear God, if we get a 6-pack for him, I'll take it--and it doesn't have to be cold. Watching him drop yet another pass, that was just it. He even chokes in preseason games lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is the type of return you get back. A fringe RB, TE, S, ILB, or OLB. I doubt anyone really gives up much in terms of draft picks.
I've read/heard some good report on Ertz, so far this year. Now they're saying he may just play out the year there.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
iirc, an old Bill Parcells quote (paraphrased): when a player tells you who he is, believe him.

Kirk has shown to be a guy who lacks toughness. Muscled off the ball regularly, his next broken tackle will be his first, and some drops at the worst time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think we just gotta hope there is a surprise cut for a TE.

He's old, maybe now washed, but Jimmy Graham would give us a big threat over the middle. We know Max Williams will miss games. So we have to get a TE.
We don’t throw over the middle so what would be the point?
How well can he run a five-yard comeback on third and six?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We don’t throw over the middle so what would be the point?
How well can he run a five-yard comeback on third and six?
Hey Arnold caught a few passes over the middle. There were also some scramble drills where he was forced to catch over the middle which saved us. We need it even if we dont depend on it.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just some thoughts here on players who would likely make the final roster but might be part of trade talks as roster cuts get closer. Not much value here other than trading these players to other teams that are in a similar spot.

Christian Kirk. Right now he is targeted for the #3 WR role but if we are being honest, it could be the 4th WR spot sooner vs later. Rondale looks great and it will be tough to justify taking him off the field. We might just run a ton of 10 personnel but as of now, I trust Moore over Kirk. Along the same lines, Dortch, Wesley and KJohnson all look like viable roster options and Isabella is looming in the wind.

Andy Isabella. Same as Kirk in a lot of respects. You aren't getting much, but you might get a RB or TE or S that a team feels similarly about. Example, KC has a ton of TEs but their WR group looks mediocre. Maybe that trade a 4th TE for Isabella in hopes a change of scenery helps.

Jordan Hicks. Vet guy who took a demotion. Could be an easy roster swap.

Justin Murray. Injured right now I believe but Harlow has looked good, Garcia can play G and C, and Josh Jones looks ok. Teams are generally looking for OL depth that can start and Murray fits that criteria if the right deal presented itself.
Those guys wouldn’t even fetch a 7th rounder.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You don’t think a desperate team would lob the Cards a late pick for Kirk, or Hicks? I know fans are down on them, but I could see a team offer a 6th for either. Hell, Mason Cole was had for a 6th and he’s worthless

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed. MAYBE Kirk would simply because he's young, but the others? a couple of never weres and a washed up guy at age 29 that most people thought was washed up and damaged goods when we signed him to a big contract from the Eagles?

I get the idea that one's man's trash is another man's treasure, but I can't help but chuckle the way some of our posters think our trash would be treasured by anyone else.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
agreed. MAYBE Kirk would simply because he's young, but the others? a couple of never weres and a washed up guy at age 29 that most people thought was washed up and damaged goods when we signed him to a big contract from the Eagles?

I get the idea that one's man's trash is another man's treasure, but I can't help but chuckle the way some of our posters think our trash would be treasured by anyone else.
I guess I will answer this since I started the thread. It isn't about our "trash" being "treasure" to someone else. It is about a team being willing to gamble on a player for a player they may be trying to move or a player who will be potentially cut.

Example. KC has 4 TEs they like. They probably aren't going to roster them all. Why not trade one to get something back and if the player doesn't work on that team, they can always add him back on the PS later. It is a very low risk move.

Another example. Maybe the Eagles KNOW they are not going to re-sign Miles Sanders and they really like the group of Gainwell, Howard, and BScott. Is it better to hold onto a player they know they are going to get rid of when they can acquire a player like Hicks or Kirk who could potentially fill an area of weakness on their roster?

Broncos has 5 RBs and probably will only carry 4.

David Njoku is a mystery.

Could the Chargers be interested in an inexpensive swing tackle in Justin Murray for a TE or fringe EDGE player.

Etc...

There are just many situations that arise where a team evaluates their roster and finds a surplus of depth at one position group which they will be unable to keep.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess I will answer this since I started the thread. It isn't about our "trash" being "treasure" to someone else. It is about a team being willing to gamble on a player for a player they may be trying to move or a player who will be potentially cut.

Example. KC has 4 TEs they like. They probably aren't going to roster them all. Why not trade one to get something back and if the player doesn't work on that team, they can always add him back on the PS later. It is a very low risk move.

Another example. Maybe the Eagles KNOW they are not going to re-sign Miles Sanders and they really like the group of Gainwell, Howard, and BScott. Is it better to hold onto a player they know they are going to get rid of when they can acquire a player like Hicks or Kirk who could potentially fill an area of weakness on their roster?

Broncos has 5 RBs and probably will only carry 4.

David Njoku is a mystery.

Could the Chargers be interested in an inexpensive swing tackle in Justin Murray for a TE or fringe EDGE player.

Etc...

There are just many situations that arise where a team evaluates their roster and finds a surplus of depth at one position group which they will be unable to keep.
Great points. But the guys we want to trade aren’t surpluses, they just stink.