Rosen Up Or Down?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. Or hopped the fence. You 2 now huh? I see a good QB prospect with many red flags. The only explanation for him being some transcendent talent is only hype. No more no less.

I felt the same until I started taking the idea seriously, started challenging my beliefs.

1. I held the belief that Rosen was better than Murray. I don't think so anymore.

2. I held the belief that Rosen +Bosa/Williams was better than just having Murray. This isn't quite true IF Murray is better than Rosen. An impactful defender is still worth a lot less than a good QB. And I think Murray can be significantly better than Rosen.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a foregone conclusion that Murray will be at the top of almost everyone's board now. If we hadn't drafted Rosen last year, there's no doubt Murray would be our selection. For me, it doesn't matter. If you think Murray is head and shoulders better than Rosen, you pull the trigger. But, they're not paying me to make that decision. We'll see what happens. I'm a Cardinal fan regardless of what they eventually decide.

Given KM's head barely reaches Josh's shoulders, no fear they'll conclude even figuratively that he's above.

And the only thing that is 'foregone ' is once again someone is hyped up the board in the lead up to the draft.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I felt the same until I started taking the idea seriously, started challenging my beliefs.

1. I held the belief that Rosen was better than Murray. I don't think so anymore.

2. I held the belief that Rosen +Bosa/Williams was better than just having Murray. This isn't quite true IF Murray is better than Rosen. An impactful defender is still worth a lot less than a good QB. And I think Murray can be significantly better than Rosen.

The kid(Murray) has talent .Can he translate that talent to work in the NFL? I am sure he will have his moments but I question his size and durability in the NFL.I question his ability to be a successful pocket QB in the NFLI question if he could have taken the beating Rosen took last season.I know the Murray fanboys will say "Murray wouldn`t have been sacked " like Rosen was.No Murray might have gotten crunched running around.Those are legit question concerning the potential #1 pick in the entire draft.Its not nitpicking or hating on a player … its real questions and concerns about how his game will play in the NFL.

I still think Rosen/Bosa works for me.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The kid(Murray) has talent .Can he translate that talent to work in the NFL? I am sure he will have his moments but I question his size and durability in the NFL.I question his ability to be a successful pocket QB in the NFLI question if he could have taken the beating Rosen took last season.I know the Murray fanboys will say "Murray wouldn`t have been sacked " like Rosen was.No Murray might have gotten crunched running around.Those are legit question concerning the potential #1 pick in the entire draft.Its not nitpicking or hating on a player … its real questions and concerns about how his game will play in the NFL.

I still think Rosen/Bosa works for me.

What solid me on his size/weight was watching how rarely he actually takes a hit. From film study, you see a guy who is cognizant of the big hit and looks to avoid it. Russell Wilson is the same way; it comes from their baseball background of avoid injury.

I'm not worried about it. Watch film and you will see that's not really a concern for him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What solid me on his size/weight was watching how rarely he actually takes a hit. From film study, you see a guy who is cognizant of the big hit and looks to avoid it. Russell Wilson is the same way; it comes from their baseball background of avoid injury.

I'm not worried about it. Watch film and you will see that's not really a concern for him.

Didn`t Russell Wilson get sacked 52 times last season.Russell Wilson is bigger than Murray.Even looking out for the big hit you still will get surprised often.Especially a raw rookie QB.You can`t dodge them all.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Didn`t Russell Wilson get sacked 52 times last season.Russell Wilson is bigger than Murray.Even looking out for the big hit you still will get surprised often.Especially a raw rookie QB.You can`t dodge them all.

I would say they are both about the same size.

While some of Murray’s other digits fall below the league’s classic “prototype” for franchise quarterbacks – which generally hovers in the zip code of 6-4 and 220 pounds – they stack up well with Wilson, who came into the combine with similar measurables (5-10 and 5/8ths height, 204 pounds, 10 1/4 inch hands). That’s important for NFL teams that are considering Murray at the top of the draft and wondering whether he could have success similar to Wilson, who has been the NFL’s most successful quarterback under 5-11.

What is crazy to me...Russell Wilson hasn't missed a single game in the NFL.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I would say they are both about the same size.

While some of Murray’s other digits fall below the league’s classic “prototype” for franchise quarterbacks – which generally hovers in the zip code of 6-4 and 220 pounds – they stack up well with Wilson, who came into the combine with similar measurables (5-10 and 5/8ths height, 204 pounds, 10 1/4 inch hands). That’s important for NFL teams that are considering Murray at the top of the draft and wondering whether he could have success similar to Wilson, who has been the NFL’s most successful quarterback under 5-11.

What is crazy to me...Russell Wilson hasn't missed a single game in the NFL.

Wilson listed 5`11 215.Murray 5`10 ? Wilson looks stouter framewise than Murray to me.murray looks small framed IMO.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Wilson listed 5`11 215.Murray 5`10 ? Wilson looks stouter framewise than Murray to me.murray looks small framed IMO.

Wilson's combine measurements are in that post.

5-10 5/8 Wilson
5-10 1/8 Murray

204# Wilson
207# Murray