Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Watch him get the crap beat out of him. Poor guy took a beating. He was the David Carr of college ball.
Yeah, Matt "Money" Smith was one of the hosts of the draft show that I was watching and he's an LA guy(with Petros Papidakis) and he said that Rosen was having to do too much on his own last year. The o-line was bad, no running game, lot's of drops...not a good year for UCLA.

Jim Mora Jr. really disappointed me as their coach. I thought he wasn't right for the NFL but I thought he'd be good in the NCAA. I guess he's just not good at any level.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Did I miss it or was the Texas A&M game from last season not there?

Thanks for the link BTW and I second the he was getting the crap beat out of him, that OL was miserable--makes me wonder how he had a first round OT on there.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Did I miss it or was the Texas A&M game from last season not there?

Thanks for the link BTW and I second the he was getting the crap beat out of him, that OL was miserable--makes me wonder how he had a first round OT on there.
I don't know that they do EVERY game of any particular player. But what they do compile is so much better than highlight videos I'm willing to cut them the tiniest bit of slack. ;)

EDIT: here's the whole game though, if you want to watch it:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't know that they do EVERY game of any particular player. But what they do compile is so much better than highlight videos I'm willing to cut them the tiniest bit of slack. ;)

Just asking because that second half of the game might have been one of the best performances of any QB last season.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One play that stands out to me was against USC and UCLA was poised to score and take the lead but Rosen throws a really, really bad pick. They never really recovered from that.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

i really like that rosen has rodgers as a mentor. i've always been a rodgers fan, and hope that rosen can continue to get advice from him

Reaction score
I just watched 3 of these, Washington, Hawaii, and ASU

I see a player making lots of good decisions with accuracy and zip. Very good with play action too. Lots of short stuff but the intermediate to deep passes were generally on the money.
Also see a player who is athletically somewhat limited but capable of running for a first down from time to time.
He does move around the pocket decently but goes down fairly easily with any contact, not seeing much escapeabilty.
I also noticed a ton of dropped passes, not sure if this was an anomaly for these particular games or not.

I'll watch the rest later but this has got me pretty excited.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I found the A&M Rosen highlights. Rosen looked good but TE Caleb Wilson was a beast

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I watched every UCLA possession during the second half against A&M. Rosen made some serious big time throws and got really lucky a couple of times. That was a great comeback

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I watched every UCLA possession during the second half against A&M. Rosen made some serious big time throws and got really lucky a couple of times. That was a great comeback

Yeah that second to last TD was abut 90% luck...should have been picked.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Josh Rosen's 1st News Conference following his arrival in AZ:

"Hi everyone. Let me start by saying that even though I am smarter than all of you, not to worry. I have had to live around chumps like you all my life, and have survived so far. Now as far as football is concerned, I plan to give it my all, and am even willing to sit down with our coach and GM, what's their names again?, and share with them my plan for the Cardinals. Well, that's about it for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to speak with my secretary at any time. If she can't answer your question, she will know how to reach me. Thanks again for choosing me to be the one who carries this sorry franchise to greater heights than it has ever been worthy of. I look forward to fulfilling my destiny here in, where am I again?, oh yes, Arizona."

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

"Hi everyone. Let me start by saying that even though I am smarter than all of you, not to worry. I have had to live around chumps like you all my life, and have survived so far. Now as far as football is concerned, I plan to give it my all, and am even willing to sit down with our coach and GM, what's their names again?, and share with them my plan for the Cardinals. Well, that's about it for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to speak with my secretary at any time. If she can't answer your question, she will know how to reach me. Thanks again for choosing me to be the one who carries this sorry franchise to greater heights than it has ever been worthy of. I look forward to fulfilling my destiny here in, where am I again?, oh yes, Arizona."

:mulli:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I thought you left us for Cleveland already? Wait let me guess, you can't make polls on their board....:burgerking:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just watched 3 of these, Washington, Hawaii, and ASU

I see a player making lots of good decisions with accuracy and zip. Very good with play action too. Lots of short stuff but the intermediate to deep passes were generally on the money.
Also see a player who is athletically somewhat limited but capable of running for a first down from time to time.
He does move around the pocket decently but goes down fairly easily with any contact, not seeing much escapeabilty.
I also noticed a ton of dropped passes, not sure if this was an anomaly for these particular games or not.

I'll watch the rest later but this has got me pretty excited.

I watched a few - the OL was terrible last year, the WR just not good (one was decent, the others not good at all, one good TE). Offensive play design was poopy - felt like I was watching the STL Rams under Fisher.

He did really well, I came away far more impressed that he stayed competitive given that his team sucked on offense. He tried too hard too many times and didn't take the short plays that defenses seemed prepared to hand to him, probably his biggest fault.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Rosen highlights from the comeback win against Texas A&M were awesome.