Rookies that have impressed you (In General)

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Luke Kuechly -- 4 tackles and 1 FF in about 1q of play. He is always around the ball

Vontaze Burfict -- 6 tackles and 1 int in 2q of play. He made a case to be on the Bengals final 53.

Whitney Mercilus -- 1 1/2 sacks, plus several QB hurries in 1q of play. He has the chance to be DROY in Houston's D.

Ryan Tannehill -- 14/21 with 1 TD and 0 sacks. Played better than expectations, and was fairly effective.

Who have you guys been keeping an eye on?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
WR Byrd and CB/S Bethel...also like what some have been saying about the Parker kid in the secondary (don't know if they are all rookies, but I think so, and they are young none the less). Lindley has been a pleasant surprise, not saying he could start but he appears a whole lot better than what I expected from a few scouting reports prior to the draft. The guy can wing it it seems on slants and short hit routes without the WR having to hold up on the route, hitting them in stride.

Last edited:

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't watched any games but the cards...

But the guys that impress me so far are...
Lindley. Showed a lot of poise in the pocket for a rookie seeing his first NFL action
Powell. The kid can run. Good vision and body control. Dunno how it will shake out with Smith in there too though
Bethel. He's hungry. Has plenty of raw talent to go with it
Byrd. Physical WR, not afraid to go up for it in the middle and get blasted. And still holds onto it...

...but take em all with a grain of salt, they were playing backups and scrubs

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Melvin Ingram looked really good in his first game. I still can't believe we passed on him.

Tannehill played much better than I expected. He seems very poised for his relative lack of experience.

Vinny Curry seems like he'll be a solid player.

David Wilson looks impressive.

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The thing I liked most about Lindley was his poise in the pocket. He took the most drop-backs out of all the QB's and was the only one who didn't give up a sack.

Byrd is playing in a crowded WR field, so he's going to have a tough road ahead to make the roster, but his size and ability to catch over the middle might get him on the PS.

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
With the right motivation; i.e. - coach; Burfict could be well worth the risk as an UDFA!
He and Marvin seem to have a pretty good player/coach relationship, and from what I've been reading he's been impressing everyone at camp. I can see him starting sometime in the near future -- he has a knack for the ball that can't be coached.

Andrew Luck.. Dang that guy is gonna be good..
He's ridiculous -- it's not fair that Indy only had to suck for one year out of a decade to get the next Peyton. Extremely unfair...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fleming. The Jammer. He and Peterson, with the right moves by our front office, will be our CB tandem for the next 7-10 years.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Matt Trannon and Stephen Williams. I don't get excited about rookies in the preseason anymore

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Fleming. The Jammer. He and Peterson, with the right moves by our front office, will be our CB tandem for the next 7-10 years.

The problem is the Cards have never had that "other CB" when they had a great one:bang:

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely Luck - very excited to see what he's going to do!

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's ridiculous -- it's not fair that Indy only had to suck for one year out of a decade to get the next Peyton. Extremely unfair...

Agree, it's ridiculously crazy how that works out. Totally unbelievable.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rookie or vet, Luck looks terrific. I'm trying to decide whether to draft him in my FF league. In my FF league QB's are most valued and you draft and play two. Scoring is higher for longer TD's (0-7 yds is seven points, all the way up to 50+ yds, which is 14 points). Yardage goes up in value from at least 200 to 400+. Same for runners and receivers, though the yardage targets are lower. It's a ten team league and usually eight QB's go in the first round. Most teams draft a QB first and then go RB and WR, and then take their second QB in the fourth or fifth round. Historically, rookie QB's don't do well (in our league INT's don't count), but based on what I saw yesterday, I'm thinking of taking a RB or WR in the first round and then Andrew Luck in the second. However, if someone takes him in the first, i'd be out of luck. So to speak.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score

I'm starting to think if you are have no chance of winning superbowl than tanking is probably the way to go. It's already the only way to win championships in the NBA if you are a small market team. :mulli:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Can you believe that franchise got Johnny Unitas, had a chance for John Elway (though passed because he said he would not play for them), drafted Peyton Manning and now have Andrew Luck? Amazing to me.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Andrew Luck.. Dang that guy is gonna be good..

He probably will be but as he said his first pass was only 3 yds and the runner took it to the house. He said he did no have much to do with that play but it was one heck of a start to your NFL career.