Roof Status Unclear for Monday Night

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roof decision must wait
The sun will set at about 6 p.m. Monday night, shortly after the Cardinals and Bears kick off at Cardinals Stadium. The high temperature that day is expected to be in the mid-80s, so it should be a comfortable evening to sit outside.

But will fans at the game have the chance?

Team officials won't decide until that day if the retractable roof will be open or closed.

They'll take several factors into consideration, including temperature, chance of rain and fan comfort, a team spokesman said.

Just who will make the call is unclear, but according to NFL rules, it has to be done at least 90 minutes before kickoff.

If the game begins with the roof open, it will be closed only if it rains or if some hazardous condition develops. The roof cannot be closed for rain after the five-minute mark of the fourth quarter.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The roof cannot be closed for rain after the five-minute mark of the fourth quarter.

A sudden thunderstorm midway through the 4th. Wouldn't that be a trip?

But the odds of that happening in the desert are longer than those for the Cards winning the SuperBowl this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why is there even a debate if they high temp is supposed to be in the mid-80s? A day game in the mid-80's should be played with the roof open - it will be really sad to me if the roof is only pen like twice during the season - I mean whta happens in December when it's 60 outside? The roof is closed because it's too cold?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why is there even a debate if they high temp is supposed to be in the mid-80s? A day game in the mid-80's should be played with the roof open - it will be really sad to me if the roof is only pen like twice during the season - I mean whta happens in December when it's 60 outside? The roof is closed because it's too cold?

In a word, yes. We Arizonans have thin blood. Well, most of us anyway. I like the cold though.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the roof should have been open for the Chiefs game. I love sunshine.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team officials won't decide until that day if the retractable roof will be open or closed.

They'll take several factors into consideration, including temperature, chance of rain and fan comfort, a team spokesman said.

We should make it as uncomfortable as possible for all the Bears fans. Open the roof and turn the heaters on.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
The roof will be open because they will want all the Stadium features to be on display for Monday night.

How else with the Blimp be able to see in?

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
why is this even an issue. that is why everyone paid for a retractable roof. let the moon shine in.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
who is going to moon theisman or give him the finger. i know we all love thiesman so much around here.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
just remeber he beat the cardinals in 82 to knock them out of the playoffs.