Rondale Moore

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Moore was pretty damn explosive early in the year when teams didn't squat down on his routes. Having Hollywood should mean that they won't be able to this year.

We don't know exactly what was going down behind the seasons, but it was almost criminal how the Cardinals were using Rondale down the stretch. That dude is tailor made to use as a motion player to get him out in space with some cushion.
If Rondale does not make it with the Cards, it'll be Kliff's and Kyler's fault... the guy definitely has worth

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not hope. Marco Wilson would be hope.

I've seen enough from Moore and Collins (especially Moore) to feel confident in a greater than 50% chance both are upgrades this year at the very least.
Lol. 51% is greater than 50 and still essentially a flip of a coin.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, for a rookie, I have yet to see anything which suggests it's his fault :)
Rondale isn't a perfect player. Last year he was a guy, from what we saw, who had to have touches schemed for him. But he had moments where he definitely showed how good he can be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay. That's your opinion, and I hope your opinion is correct. Or, better, that you're underselling them even. But, for me, it's only hope.
It’s hope until it’s proven. People can argue til they’re blue in the face against that statement but they’d be wrong. Neither player has a single season in which they’ve proven themselves at the nfl level. Thus its hope. And nothing wrong with hope. I hope too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree on the smaller catch radius thing.

On paper Kirk has longer arms and a theoretically better catch radius. But I think Moore wins through much better agility and athleticism. That catch against the Niners where Moore catches the ball out of bounds on his tip toes at full extension...Kirk isn't catching that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Agrees. Rondale might be best pound for pound athlete on the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's up to the Cardinals to design plays that utilize the skills of Rondale Moore. In that video he looked like a running back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I always found Kirks catch radius to be lacking a bit. Quite a few balls that it looked like he should have been able to get that he didn't.

I was describing Kirk to a friend the other day: not quite fast enough to be a true burner, not quite big enough to be a possession guy. He's still a good player, but he isn't a do it all kind of receiver.
Agree. He’s a good receiver with no special trait.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree. He’s a good receiver with no special trait.
I was telling my buddy that we all basically agreed here that $12 million was about the right market for Kirk's services. Nice player, and that's a bit much, but it's fairly reasonable.

Then Jacksonville swooped in and threw out a contract that Kirk is 90% likely to never play up to.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rondale Moore? That could hinder him rather than help. He was always in great shape. Size will never be to his benefit, and getting too buff can lead to injuries to WRs--ask David Boston. I'm not saying this will happen, just that it's no guarantee of success for RM. He does have a lousy injury record going back to college, though, so we shouldn't expect too much.
;)
You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Moore was pretty damn explosive early in the year when teams didn't squat down on his routes. Having Hollywood should mean that they won't be able to this year.

We don't know exactly what was going down behind the seasons, but it was almost criminal how the Cardinals were using Rondale down the stretch. That dude is tailor made to use as a motion player to get him out in space with some cushion.
I do wish they would have used him better down the stretch. A lot of my questions might have answers going into the season, and I might feel a lot better about the player. We shall see.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I do wish they would have used him better down the stretch. A lot of my questions might have answers going into the season, and I might feel a lot better about the player. We shall see.
I think once Hopkins wasn't out there, Kliff just essentially tried to trot Wesley out there and teams could attack those shorter routes easier because they didn't have to worry about WR1 beating them down the field for longer gains.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Isabella would have never been able to complete his route to have a chance of catching that lol
Even if Isabella was able to complete that route he still wouldn't be able to catch it because the ball would be to far away for a body catch. That's what separates Moore from Isabella. Moore can catch with his hands. Oh and Moore is built like a mini tank.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Even if Isabella was able to complete that route he still wouldn't be able to catch it because the ball would be to far away for a body catch. That's what separates Moore from Isabella. Moore can catch with his hands. Oh and Moore is built like a mini tank.
I completely concur even further lol

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree on the smaller catch radius thing.

On paper Kirk has longer arms and a theoretically better catch radius. But I think Moore wins through much better agility and athleticism. That catch against the Niners where Moore catches the ball out of bounds on his tip toes at full extension...Kirk isn't catching that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Kirk was still such a smoother route runner that you could trust he'd be in the right spot. Rondale still polishing up his route running + being smaller probably got in Kyler's mind. Again this is still on Kyler to see it like that. Because to my next point..

And Isabella would have never been able to complete his route to have a chance of catching that lol
Andy may have always been a miss. However, I think Andy's size played a part in Kyler not throwing him the ball as much. @Russ Smith pointed this ou back in 2020.

Kyler's perception caused him to lose trust in Andy. Andy had his issues as well obviously.

Ideally, we should try to get Moore the ball when Kyler is in a moving pocket.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Kirk was still such a smoother route runner that you could trust he'd be in the right spot. Rondale still polishing up his route running + being smaller probably got in Kyler's mind. Again this is still on Kyler to see it like that. Because to my next point..

Andy may have always been a miss. However, I think Andy's size played a part in Kyler not throwing him the ball as much. @Russ Smith pointed this ou back in 2020.

Kyler's perception caused him to lose trust in Andy. Andy had his issues as well obviously.

Ideally, we should try to get Moore the ball when Kyler is in a moving pocket.
We should get Kyler in a moving pocket with roll outs regardless of the WR

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Isabella would have been a good fit in K.C. when Hill left. Maybe we should have given them a call.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA