Rondale had a great game but…

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice on the pick six that he could have 100% tackled the defender but instead tried to punch the ball out a few times before giving up on the play?

(I’m bored, so don’t get too mad about this thread.) But hopefully that was a teachable moment for the young star.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes was talked about in his thread I payed and game thread... Def a teaching moment

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh sorry I missed that thread.

Obviously his TD and the play right before the half to set up the FG makes up for it, but still :)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
That was horrible play and very obvious as it happened. He really needed to be chewed out big time for that. Teams only score a TD a little over 50% from the 10 yd line.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally I don't think it makes much difference.

Let's say he tackles him (which is unlikely at 180 vs 240lbs) and the Vikings have 5 yards to go, well Cook is going to run that in no problem if we are realistic. 95% chance they score a TD with 3 downs.

The better odds might be on Moore trying to punch it out. Although chances are it goes OOB there anyway the greater odds in stopping a TD might be the punch out. But not much in it really.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Personally I don't think it makes much difference.

Let's say he tackles him (which is unlikely at 180 vs 240lbs) and the Vikings have 5 yards to go, well Cook is going to run that in no problem if we are realistic. 95% chance they score a TD with 3 downs.

The better odds might be on Moore trying to punch it out. Although chances are it goes OOB there anyway the greater odds in stopping a TD might be the punch out. But not much in it really.
I don’t think a single coach would agree with this post.