Rodney Hudson holding out?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought initially that he simply was making so much money he was willing to accept the financial loss of skipping minicamp. Most players hate these camps. However, the people I’ve talked with tell me he’s simply not certain he wants to put his body through the strain again as he has plenty of money. He seems to no longer be a driven guy. Sometimes, as the season nears, the competitive juices start to flow. Maybe he starts to miss it and return but that’s looking less likely as we don’t hear from him. Tretter would certainly be an option but he comes with a high risk factor. His knees are so bad that last season, while he played every game, he did not practice during the week. So he‘d have to come in and try to coordinate with guys without the benefit of practicing together. Certainly not the ideal scenario.
thanks for the 2 cents Harry

Do you think its possible for team management ( certainly not the players) to sort of fold or punt on this season unofficially? Maybe use it as a dress rehearsal for next year when there is a little more money and planning time. Maybe use this season to get Moore/Brown/McBride. Its starting to look like that to me.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Should have just let dude go to the Chiefs like he wanted.

I cant remember all the details last year.. Was Corey Linsley's price too steep for us or was it a simple case of him choosing the Chargers? We seemed in panic mode after not getting him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Center position is a brutal one. I'm sure that some of you have to remember Cory Raymer, who was a 2nd round pick in 95 by the Redskins out of Wisconsin. Our boys played travel lacrosse together, so I got to know him well. He played 11 seasons, mostly with the Skins, his body was messed up, but nothing like his hands. Dude couldn't even shake hands. Said he broke every finger multiple times. DL would intentionally step on his hands EVERY opportunity they had. After retirement, he was getting multiple cortisone shots into his hands & fingers every 3-6 months just to sleep at night.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Should have just let dude go to the Chiefs like he wanted.

I cant remember all the details last year.. Was Corey Linsley's price too steep for us or was it a simple case of him choosing the Chargers? We seemed in panic mode after not getting him.
Yeah, we were competitive with our offer to Linsley but he picked the Chargers.

Hudson was a great second choice, but yeah, probably should have just let him go to the Chiefs and addressed the position in the draft or something (especially with hindsight showing not much from our current ILB).

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, we were competitive with our offer to Linsley but he picked the Chargers.

Hudson was a great second choice, but yeah, probably should have just let him go to the Chiefs and addressed the position in the draft or something (especially with hindsight showing not much from our current ILB).
Yea its a bit hindsight. Cant blame Keim for making the move although Im not sure I loved giving up a 3rd for him.

We get Hudson who may be done after a year. Chiefs, who Hudson wanted, gets Creed Humphrey for the next 10 to 15 years.

Such is life.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In the land that Tretter has been a great center for years, is currently unsigned and looking for a team. That land.

WTF would I stress about a center possibly retiring? Firstly, we don't know he is. He's not announced anything which suggests it's something he's considering rather than decided. Maybe he just wanted more time with his family and screw the £50k fine.

But if he does, well, we will survive.
Los Angeles Rams, WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Arizona Cardinals, WE WILL SURVIVE!

Catchy.

Dayman

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the intentions behind getting Hudson were good (veteran leader at center who can help out Kyler). The results obviously haven't been, which is bound to start happening when you keep needing to fill holes with older veterans.

Keim's incompetence and avoidance issues with drafting O-lineman with higher picks is just gross negligence at this point. Hernandez/Pugh/Jones might be the worst middle of the O-line in the league. And that is before Pugh misses time, which he has in 7 of his 9 seasons. Yet Keim goes and spends his FA money on an old TE and a RB who doesn't make defenders miss, while getting another small receiver and a TE2 in the first two rounds of the draft. It's just moronic, man.

DVontel

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still can’t even fathom the gross negligence of the trenches on both sides, but spending your resources on the least important position in football aka ILB. With the major possibility that ILB isn’t either’s most suited position overall! But at least we got our guy that had a 3.7YPC last year.

No other organization is being ran like this in the league.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the intentions behind getting Hudson were good (veteran leader at center who can help out Kyler). The results obviously haven't been, which is bound to start happening when you keep needing to fill holes with older veterans.

Keim's incompetence and avoidance issues with drafting O-lineman with higher picks is just gross negligence at this point. Hernandez/Pugh/Jones might be the worst middle of the O-line in the league. And that is before Pugh misses time, which he has in 7 of his 9 seasons. Yet Keim goes and spends his FA money on an old TE and a RB who doesn't make defenders miss, while getting another small receiver and a TE2 in the first two rounds of the draft. It's just moronic, man.
I watched a breakdown of Kyler struggling vs the Rams in the playoffs. One of the other things that stood out is how Justin Pugh looked like he was in retirement mode mid game. And this is the guy we're hoping to replace Hudson at center.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

We’ll at least we aren’t tied to Keim for another five years.

Wait what?

Reaction score
Still can’t even fathom the gross negligence of the trenches on both sides, but spending your resources on the least important position in football aka ILB. With the major possibility that ILB isn’t either’s most suited position overall! But at least we got our guy that had a 3.7YPC last year.

No other organization is being ran like this in the league.

It's amazing that with all of this gross negligence & incompetence that we had the best record in the league after week 13 last year. Just amazing I tell ya. ;)