Rodney Hudson - returns after holding out?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reports on twitter, his absence is unexcused and they are "working with him on a problem"

I am already semi checked out on this offseason and would love to be impressed but have low expectations. This doubles down on it.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, talk about a player we can't afford to have miss time.

I hope it's nothing major and gets resolved by training camp.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Reports on twitter, his absence is unexcused and they are "working with him on a problem"

I am already semi checked out on this offseason and would love to be impressed but have low expectations. This doubles down on it.
It isn't dollar related. They just restructured his deal to get him more guaranteed money last year. Guess is that he is considering retirement.

Hudson is the 7th highest paid C.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Outside of the Hollywood trade this has been one of the most abysmal off seasons I can remember
Even that move is questionable in terms of how good can he be. Trading for him was a better option than drafting a WR but still unclear how good he is.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It isn't dollar related. They just restructured his deal to get him more guaranteed money last year. Guess is that he is considering retirement.

Hudson is the 7th highest paid C.
Well its a good thing we didnt let him go to the Chiefs so our 3rd round pick could Creed...errrr...

Well its a good we didnt move ahead of the Eagles to get Cam Jur.....errrr

Its all good. Maybe Will Hernandez can play Center if need be.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Guys, don't worry. If Hudson retires or whatever just know that Justin Pugh, who has never played the position before and had to be bribed to come back this year, will give playing center a shot. That way, we can weaken two positions.

#championship

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Man, trading a 3rd, giving up a ton of guaranteed money just to have him retire? Classic Cardinals dumpster fire.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Honestly I’m at the point with this team I don’t even care.

Like you said they’ve been doubling down on some head scratching moves

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
well if he retires then i imagine they can free up some cap space to get a cornerback and trade for quinn?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just waiting for the usual GM advocates.
I like this new approach of instead of chatting amongst ourselves, we quote other people chatting amongst themselves on another platform.

Er, that’s just one guy chatting with himself. Even better.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guys, don't worry. If Hudson retires or whatever just know that Justin Pugh, who has never played the position before and had to be bribed to come back this year, will give playing center a shot. That way, we can weaken two positions.

#championship
To be fair we'll have 3rd round steal Josh Jones to slide into Pugh's spot if he moves to center.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The lack of a multi-year roster plan showing the impact. Keim has consistently dumped multiple resources to plug a single roster hole.

WR is the best example of this.

Also a failure to extend the picks that have worked leaves us in a bind. Why the hell are Humphries, Allen, Murphy, and Jalen Thompson heading into the season all without new contracts? We saw what happened when he played that game with Kirk.

FAs in 2023 for AZ
AJ Green - WR
Humphries - LT
Pugh - LG
Hernandez - RG
Beachum - RT
JJ Watt - DL
Zach Allen - DL
Markus Golden - EDGE
Devon Kennard - EDGE
Byron Murphy - CB
Jalen Thompson - S
Matt Prater - K
Andy Lee - P
Aaron Brewer - LS

That is 14 of 25 starters (including K, P, LS). Hudson makes at 15 and would mean 60% of starters unsigned and with little experience behind them on the roster.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To really freak people out, here are the OL under contract next year without Hudson.

Josh Jones
Lecitus Smith - Rookie
Marquis Hayes - Rookie
Sean Harlow - RFA

Amazing long term plan to support your franchise QB. Ok @kerouac9 maybe I am a bit gloomy and doomy.
Keim has really taken those Kyler/Russ comparisons to heart.

Imagine investing $11 million in James Conner and expecting him to be productive behind this offensive line.

We should just pass every down.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yuuuup. Time is coming in this league where you either know how to draft or won't have a job..

Rest assured...we'll keep ours though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose