Rockets Interested in Morris?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I'll have Ariza or Brewer, Jones or Motiejunas and Harrell for Morris, Tucker and Goodwin

Last edited:
OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This too
twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/673728300682842112

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'll have Ariza or Brewer, Jones or Motiejunas and Harrell for Morris, Tucker and Goodwin

Highly unlikely they part with Ariza. Motiejunas is damaged goods. No point asking for Harrell since the Suns wouldn't develop him.

Houston gets
Markieff Morris (8.0, 2019)
P. J. Tucker (5.5, 2017)

Phoenix gets
Terrence Jones (2.5, RFA 2016)
Corey Brewer (8.2, 2018)
future 2nd-round pick

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Highly unlikely they part with Ariza. Motiejunas is damaged goods. No point asking for Harrell since the Suns wouldn't develop him.

Houston gets
Markieff Morris (8.0, 2019)
P. J. Tucker (5.5, 2017)

Phoenix gets
Terrence Jones (2.5, RFA 2016)
Corey Brewer (8.2, 2018)
future 2nd-round pick

Not a fan of that Corey Brewer contract. Same as Kieff but a year shorter, and a far lesser player, at least when comparing both players at their best.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Markieff for Terrence Jones and KJ McDaniels seems to work also

Opens up a possibility to move Tucker eventually.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Not a fan of that Corey Brewer contract. Same as Kieff but a year shorter, and a far lesser player, at least when comparing both players at their best.

I agree, but I think the Morris-Jones swap would be worth it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The problem is that Terrence Jones need to be paid this summer.

I am not feeling too good about signing Tjones long term for the money he will ask

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The problem is that Terrence Jones need to be paid this summer.

I am not feeling too good about signing Tjones long term for the money he will ask

This doesn't bother me much. You have to pay somebody. He has 50-something games to show what he's worth. When the Thunder were afraid to pay Harden, their loss became the Rockets' gain. Bledsoe and Knight are on good contracts, so the Suns have some room to work with.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be more trade options for Markieff if the Suns can wait for slightly more than a week. However, there seems little doubt that Markieff should be traded. The Suns should look at the quality of the player they get back even if it is not a PF.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This doesn't bother me much. You have to pay somebody. He has 50-something games to show what he's worth. When the Thunder were afraid to pay Harden, their loss became the Rockets' gain. Bledsoe and Knight are on good contracts, so the Suns have some room to work with.

Isn't Jones a Restricted this summer? If so, that would give the Suns more leverage.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
It is hard to figure out what this team needs most. I am all for getting rid of both Markieff and Tucker. However what kind of player do we need in return.

I think it is obvious that we are a week passing time and too often take horrible shots that leads to misses and fast breaks for the other team.

Both Bledsoe and Knight are combo guards and not true point guards.

One of the key players for us in the day was Boris Diaw. While he sometimes overpassed he kept the ball moving and the offense flowed nicely. It always seemed we ended up with a good shot. Certainly Nash had something to do with that but I really think I and others have under valued Boris's contributions. Popovich made him part of his rotation and they always seem to end up getting a good shot.

My point is that I think we might have enough shooters but we need to get better shots. I think a guy like Boris or Draymond Green would really help. The problem is finding that guy. I really see some of that in Booker. He certainly is a fantastic shooter but he is also not a ball hog and the ball does not stick in his hands. I really think he is being under utilized by Hornacek.

I think that is what Hornacek is trying to get with the 2 PG lineup of Bledsoe and Knight. Unfortunately neither is a real PG.

Ultimately it really appears we are going to have to do something about Hornacek. If we do replace Hornacek I hope we can find someone like Popovich. Someone that believes that the ball must move on the offensive end while playing great defense and most importantly holds everyone accountable.

The football season is over soon. Maybe we can bring in Bruce Arians after the Super Bowl.

Honestly, I would love to see someone with his attitude coaching the Phoenix Suns. He can be charming but he is one tough SOB.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Isn't Jones a Restricted this summer? If so, that would give the Suns more leverage.

Yes, but theoretically it could be a Tristan Thompson situation where the two sides can't agree on an extension and he holds out. Or he could take the one-year escape contract if he really didn't want to stay.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes, but theoretically it could be a Tristan Thompson situation where the two sides can't agree on an extension and he holds out. Or he could take the one-year escape contract if he really didn't want to stay.

Versus keeping Markieff Morris? I'd probably take that chance.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Problem with trying to decide the Suns greatest need is that it won't be clear until Morris is gone.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Pelicans talking to Suns about Morris now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

From the article:

The Pelicans’ willingness to part with forward Ryan Anderson could make conversations worth exploring between the two teams, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The Pelicans are willing to consider moving Anderson as a part of a potential deal for Morris, especially if Anderson doesn’t show an interest in signing a new contract with New Orleans, sources said.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we get to choose I think I'd rather have Jones than Anderson. I don't necessarily think he's better but he's younger and brings something we don't currently have.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it werent for that felony charge, this would be really heating up.