Rocket League

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any of you play this game? It's available in all platforms, and thus far, PC and PSN could play with and against each other. Soon Xbox, PS4 and PC players could be playing together.
Recently, Microsoft announced that gamers on Xbox Live through their PCs or Xbox One consoles could soon be able to play games online with users on other networks such as Steam and the PlayStation Network. Rocket League is being tapped as the first game that will support such a feature, which would take the game's popularity to greater heights.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...k-game-xbox-vs-playstation-soon-a-reality.htm

If you haven't played it, check it out sometimes. It's loads of fun, even if you're the anti-soccer type ;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been reading about this game and am tempted to try it out, I am sure it would be fun for me and my sun. Does it have local coop? Or at least the ability for us to mplay online at the same time?

From what I know xbox will be able to play with PC also but for now, not all 34 platforms but Microsoft has put the invitation out there that they will now be open to all networks playing vs xbox owners and it is up to the developers along with other systems. So IE: if COD wants xbox vs ps4 online and ps4 oks it, you will be playing vs people on both consoles. That will be awesome.

OP
OP
SO91

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have been reading about this game and am tempted to try it out, I am sure it would be fun for me and my sun. Does it have local coop? Or at least the ability for us to mplay online at the same time?

From what I know xbox will be able to play with PC also but for now, not all 34 platforms but Microsoft has put the invitation out there that they will now be open to all networks playing vs xbox owners and it is up to the developers along with other systems. So IE: if COD wants xbox vs ps4 online and ps4 oks it, you will be playing vs people on both consoles. That will be awesome.

I have it for PC, and currently can play against players on the PSN. It's a lot of fun, and feels so much easier on a gamepad than with M&K. I ended up getting an xbox controller just for this game :). http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/game-info/ says it has 2-4 split screen mode and can be played locally, or online. I think it will do exactly what you're asking based on that info, meaning playing 2v2 games against others online while you and your son are teammates.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is by far the game of the year for me. I have it on all 3 platforms. I have games like Division, Far Cry, Just Cause etc. just sitting there because I can't put down this game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have it for PC, and currently can play against players on the PSN. It's a lot of fun, and feels so much easier on a gamepad than with M&K. I ended up getting an xbox controller just for this game :). http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/game-info/ says it has 2-4 split screen mode and can be played locally, or online.

wonderful, ill buy it in a few weeks when me and my son can play, maybe itll go on sale by then. I would have him next week but he is going to south carolina with my wife the whole week for spring break.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is by far the game of the year for me. I have it on all 3 platforms. I have games like Division, Far Cry, Just Cause just sitting there because I can't put down this game.

wow, thanks for your input. I keep hearing about this game so it must be the case for a lot of people.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, thanks for your input. I keep hearing about this game so it must be the case for a lot of people.

I can and then can't believe how incredibly fun and challenging this game is at the same time. I feel bad for Splatoon as well, because I really like playing that game. Those two are my games of the year last year, over Witcher and Fallout even.

OP
OP
SO91

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I never thought it would be as much fun as it's been. I wanted to play it, and thought I would enjoy it, but not as much as I have. It's normally $20 and I did get it on sale through Steam, but even at $20 I think it's worth every penny for the enjoyment I've gotten out of it. I did put it down some to play Overwatch (closed beta invite, I'd feel guilty not playing it with so many wanting to try it), but will still load it up for a couple quick matches.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I will warn you that this game is a bit buggy on Xbox at the moment. It can be even hard to log into the server. If you are on the fence at all, I would wait a month or so and let some of the bugs iron out. I can't believe that I am suggesting that you wait...... if you had a PC or PS4, I'd say buy now. If not, wait a month or until they fix the 'No Servers Available' issue.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will warn you that this game is a bit buggy on Xbox at the moment. It can be even hard to log into the server. If you are on the fence at all, I would wait a month or so and let some of the bugs iron out. I can't believe that I am suggesting that you wait...... if you had a PC or PS4, I'd say buy now. If not, wait a month or until they fix the 'No Servers Available' issue.

lack of servers is always a pain but I can also just play couch co-op with my son. Either way he wont have a full week at home with me for another few weeks so ill likely wait regardless. Thx for heads up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lack of servers is always a pain but I can also just play couch co-op with my son. Either way he wont have a full week at home with me for another few weeks so ill likely wait regardless. Thx for heads up.

It isn't a lack of servers, vs the game itself not connecting to them. The game doesn't like to wake up after it has been turned off or whatever.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got it last night and played with my son for an hour. Had a blast!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bought a 3rd controller so can play with both the kids last night.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really happy you're enjoying it. It's one of the few games I really enjoy watching dcr play. So fun.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really happy you're enjoying it. It's one of the few games I really enjoy watching dcr play. So fun.

I'd like it a bit on my own but my teenage daughter hasnt played games with me for like a year, I got her to come try and now when I get home she is wide eyed asking me if I want to play so I love it :)

My and my 7 year old son play games all the time but he loves it too so now we play 3 player ;)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like it a bit on my own but my teenage daughter hasnt played games with me for like a year, I got her to come try and now when I get home she is wide eyed asking me if I want to play so I love it :)

My and my 7 year old son play games all the time but he loves it too so now we play 3 player ;)

The family that plays together stays together. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is pure arcade fun. You get better and better as you play and learn new techniques too. No perks and etc for cars, everyone is on an even playing field and is simply me vs you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is pure arcade fun. You get better and better as you play and learn new techniques too. No perks and etc for cars, everyone is on an even playing field and is simply me vs you.

I am down to play with you pretty much any time you want. I still play this game a couple hours a day most days.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am down to play with you pretty much any time you want. I still play this game a couple hours a day most days.

sounds good, likely be playing tonight with my daughter, shes pretty good so we could do some 3v3 and do some damage. I should be on around 730 or 8.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds good, likely be playing tonight with my daughter, shes pretty good so we could do some 3v3 and do some damage. I should be on around 730 or 8.

I will probably be around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave