Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is the NBA just hoping everyone forgets about this?

I don't get what happens with these things sometimes.

Arizona is STILL under NCAA investigation for the FBI Book Richardson stuff... it's been over 4 years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The investigation IS the punishment.
For whom? I'm feeling punished the longer this drags out.

If I didn't think about it, the investigation doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on how the team is run.

Actually, the Suns appear well run since James Jones took over as GM and Monty was hired as the head coach.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
If I didn't think about it, the investigation doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on how the team is run.

Actually, the Suns appear well run since James Jones took over as GM and Monty was hired as the head coach.
At least there's that. James Jones has been a godsend.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah makes me think it was all crap. Thinking he's gonna be forced out ain't even gonna come close to happening.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The day after the KD saga is over, we might get a Sarver edict. I have been in the hand slap, fine him some money camp.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the right thing is for the NBA to complete its investigation before demanding any action.

Article by Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

Rev. Al Sharpton remains relentless when it comes to Phoenix Suns team owner Robert Sarver.

The civil rights leader wrote PayPal president and CEO Dan Schulman, in an open letter that appeared in the Sunday edition of The Arizona Republic, demanding the billion-dollar digital payment company cease its relationship with Sarver, the majority owner of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Spanish soccer club Real Club Deportivo Mallorca.

“As someone who has dedicated my life to fighting injustice and speaking out against hate in all its forms, it is my duty and responsibility to call out such hypocrisy and to call on PayPal to uphold the values for which it proclaims to stand,” Sharpton wrote.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, the PayPal partnership should be based on the outcome of the investigation. But it needs to end soon. Like yesterday.

Also, I mostly see it not changing based on the investigation unless the results are inconclusive or Sarver gets away with a wrist slap. If he is exonerated or forced to leave then the PayPal partnership would remain.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone wants to know the outcome of the NBA investigation and for the matter to be handled fairly.

However, I don't think there should be a rush to judgement simply because some want action now.

The allegations should be thoroughly investigated.

Here is more from the Associated Press.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think if there was anything significant they could hang on Sarver it would have leaked already. At this point it just feels like they are dragging this on to either try to find something so they don't come up empty handed or so they show how thorough they were with taking so long.

I'm still confused how the NBA has been spending so much time on this investigation where the accusations seem pretty vague compared to the very specific(and seemingly more serious) accusations made by Donnie Nelson against the Mavs. The Mavs managed to do their own investigation of the Mavs in which they found the Mavs did nothing wrong but I have heard nothing of the NBA looking into it. (Maybe look at Cuban scamming people in crypto as well).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lost any hope Sarver will be removed because of this investigation. I think if that were the outcome then news would have leaked or it would have been announced already.

I'd wager he gets a slap on the wrist in the form of a fine and agrees to do some counseling for PR purposes. Potentially hiring someone to oversee things within the organization and make sure they're on the up and up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lost any hope Sarver will be removed because of this investigation. I think if that were the outcome then news would have leaked or it would have been announced already.

I'd wager he gets a slap on the wrist in the form of a fine and agrees to do some counseling for PR purposes. Potentially hiring someone to oversee things within the organization and make sure they're on the up and up.
Same. If there was something explosive like the Gruden emails, there’s no way those could be locked down for this long without getting out.

And sadly, even though there could be mountains of statements and witnesses who could lend all kinds of credence to sexism/racism and whatever other ism Sarver and the Suns are probably guilty of, the richest and most powerful in our country RARELY pay the price unless there’s something on tape or written in an email.

And even, it’s been proven that won’t matter either.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Official - Suspended one year and fined $10mil

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Official - Suspended one year and fined $10mil
So, in other words… the worst case case scenario.

Where did you see this reported? If true, it’s just another big black eye for the franchise, but not a knockout blow so Sarver’s stench will linger on moving forward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose