Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin of the Arizona Republic gives a synopsis of the ongoing NBA investigation today.

Jesus… if this is all true… in a time when EVERYONE needs to be on their BEST behavior, I shudder to think what the culture was like when people were on their worst behavior.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus… if this is all true… in a time when EVERYONE needs to be on their BEST behavior, I shudder to think what the culture was like when people were on their worst behavior.

It's time for everyone to show their cards. This has gone on too long.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It also sounds like just getting rid of Sarver won't solve the problem, we appear to have serious problems throughout management.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex said it would be revealed between the finals and free agency opening. That made me believe it'll be August at the earliest.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm positive it's going to be tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the day after that. Or the....

It's going go happen on a week day, sometime between 9am and 5pm. I can't give you a time zone though, that might reveal my source.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I'd love to see Saver go down. I'm scared to death someone will buy and move the team.
The Seattle Suns? There's just sooo much wrong with that.

Very late responding, but with the arena remodel came a new lease that locks them in until 2037. The franchise also dropped 45 million on that new training facility.

Reaction score
Our good news for today (actually yesterday, but this isn't yesterday) is: Russell Westbrook has opted-in with the Lakers, continuing to weigh down their payroll with his large contract. They sure wasted money. Oh, the lament of a superteam.

I know no reason to think he will be any more helpful to them in winning than he was last year. Russell Westbrook may be some sort of great player as an individual, but his playoff results (when he even makes the playoffs) indicates that as far as winning championships, he's not paarticularly useful. Um...well...he's not as much a loser as Carmelo Anthony, one can say that. Does anyone want to tell me I'm wrong?

Whatever happens with the Suns, they can know that, if nothing else, they're better than the Lakers these days.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our good news for today (actually yesterday, but this isn't yesterday) is: Russell Westbrook has opted-in with the Lakers, continuing to weigh down their payroll with his large contract. They sure wasted money. Oh, the lament of a superteam.

I know no reason to think he will be any more helpful to them in winning than he was last year. Russell Westbrook may be some sort of great player as an individual, but his playoff results (when he even makes the playoffs) indicates that as far as winning championships, he's not paarticularly useful. Um...well...he's not as much a loser as Carmelo Anthony, one can say that. Does anyone want to tell me I'm wrong?

Whatever happens with the Suns, they can know that, if nothing else, they're better than the Lakers these days.

They have 17 championships.

Reaction score
And that has to do with Russell Westbrook or the Lakers' current situation how? I may have gotten over the childish outrage i used to express at the Lakers circa 12-15 years ago; but I'm still laughing at them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that has to do with Russell Westbrook or the Lakers' current situation how? I may have gotten over the childish outrage i used to express at the Lakers circa 12-15 years ago; but I'm still laughing at them.
I'm petty enough to find some enjoyment in their current misery but I'm not laughing at them, we have far too many embarrassing moments of our own to play the mocking game.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I was an owner I’m coming after guaranteed money.

This is getting ridiculous Durant with 4 years left is wanting out when the team has given them everything they’ve asked for. The owners are getting screwed kinda
Players request trades and teams trade/cut players regularly. I don’t see anything either side can in the next negotiations.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is getting ridiculous Durant with 4 years left is wanting out when the team has given them everything they’ve asked for. The owners are getting screwed kinda

There needs to be a remedy for the owners who sign players to huge guaranteed contracts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What does that have to do with the Sarver investigation entering it's final stages?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose