Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No negative history with Sarver? In case you haven’t noticed everybody who’s left here in the last 17 years has nothing good to say about him from staff to players
Yeah good point. While I am distinctly aware of each one I hadn’t thought of them in the aggregate.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No negative history with Sarver? In case you haven’t noticed everybody who’s left here in the last 17 years has nothing good to say about him from staff to players
I've heard positive comments from several ex-players although sure, Barnes and a couple others spoke poorly of him. To a person though, the non-playing personnel have all been negative or silent about him after leaving the organization.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I've heard positive comments from several ex-players although sure, Barnes and a couple others spoke poorly of him. To a person though, the non-playing personnel have all been negative or silent about him after leaving the organization.
Not saying this is the case, but it is a possibility in the business world that people are less likely to talk about a former leader of an organization. I know in my case, it's always been better to keep quiet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who? I’m not challenging you, I’m trying to remember anyone who spoke well of Sarver.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And those are the people that actually interact with him on a daily basis.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who? I’m not challenging you, I’m trying to remember anyone who spoke well of Sarver.

I'm pretty sure that the twins, Dragic, Grant and Nash all said good things about him but mostly I'm quoting second hand information. Gambo and others have commented about it several times.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And those are the people that actually interact with him on a daily basis.
Absolutely. I'd put far more stock in what these guys say than what players have said. And it's where Sarver has been his cheapest, with the regular employees.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been hiding this secret for too long.
Saver was at a party where I had gone to bed early. When I woke up my lucky Suns boxers had been stolen off me while I slept. I knew it was Saver because there was 35 cents on the dresser and I saw him getting into his car wearing them on his head.

But I think this story may be about what he did to those poor little goats before putting them in the office.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many are there? I only know of Jeanie Buss off the top of my head.

I hope it's someone other than Jeannie Buss. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarver is/was a dick to her but I think that has more to do with his inability to separate business from competition. Like how he taunted the Spurs from the sideline. It's unprofessional but not enough to crucify him for. Sarver is a poor mans Mark Cuban so something like that wouldn't be surprising.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I figured the "female owner" was a minority owner of the Suns.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sterling was horrible the whole time. It was only when the NBA decided he was a liability that it happened quickly.

As far as what former employees have said or not, their public statements might be governed by NDAs or non-disparagement clauses in separation agreements? I don’t know what’s standard for NBA staff.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder if Arte Moreno is a Suns fan. I used to see him at Hillstone on Camelback quite often. While the Angels haven't thrived under him it certainly hasn't been because of a lack of commitment or effort by the top brass.

He certainly has the cash.
There are a lot of Angel's fans tired of him as owner.

Also, a new owner could mean a new GM and Coach, too. There's no guarantee they would keep the current regime, regardless of current results.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sterling was horrible the whole time. It was only when the NBA decided he was a liability that it happened quickly.

As far as what former employees have said or not, their public statements might be governed by NDAs or non-disparagement clauses in separation agreements? I don’t know what’s standard for NBA staff.
Not for stuff like sexual harassment, unless they reached a settlement or something.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta? Jamie Gertz is part of the ownership group I believe. I'd imagine there's several females that are part of the ownership groups.

Not that it's very relevant I always liked the movie "The Lost Boys."

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a lot of Angel's fans tired of him as owner.

Also, a new owner could mean a new GM and Coach, too. There's no guarantee they would keep the current regime, regardless of current results.
I would figure some angels fans might not be wild about him, but as near as I can tell he seems pretty ideal from the outside… maybe he’s been too loyal to failing GMs and managers. He’s certainly been a willing spender and he stays out of the way, two very important qualities.

Wanting his own GM and coach is a legit concern though, most owners turn over the front office. But… if Sarver is getting forced out then that is something any new owner would consider.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it's very relevant I always liked the movie "The Lost Boys."
You're right, I had forgotten she was in that - fun movie and great music. My wife and I were fond of an early 80's TV show called Square Pegs that she was in along with Ricky Nelson's daughter, Matthew Broderick's wife and Captain Kirk's kid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, I had forgotten she was in that - fun movie and great music. My wife and I were fond of an early 80's TV show called Square Pegs that she was in along with Ricky Nelson's daughter, Matthew Broderick's wife and Captain Kirk's kid.

I have the soundtrack from the movie "The Lost Boys" and still play it often. She was also in "Twister."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes he was. Sarver could be guilty of everything he's rumored to be guilty of and a bunch more and still be a saint compared to Sterling. How the NBA didn't take action against that man until forced to is an embarrassment to the league IMO.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not for stuff like sexual harassment, unless they reached a settlement or something.
This is right for victims, but I was also thinking about people who had heard things internally that are not public knowledge, and have clauses preventing them from speaking negatively about the organization or its personnel. For instance, the Suns laid off dozens of people in 2020 after selling the G League team and those people might have non-disparagement clauses in their severance agreements. I’m just wondering aloud.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is right for victims, but I was also thinking about people who had heard things internally that are not public knowledge, and have clauses preventing them from speaking negatively about the organization or its personnel. For instance, the Suns laid off dozens of people in 2020 after selling the G League team and those people might have non-disparagement clauses in their severance agreements. I’m just wondering aloud.
You think those people received any compensation in severance? No way. And that’s the only way they could legally be hushed.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You think those people received any compensation in severance? No way. And that’s the only way they could legally be hushed.
I don’t think anything. I know AZ is a right-to-work state with generally bad compensation and severance but I only ever had teenage minimum wage jobs there so I don’t have any experience to draw on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Nothing burger confirmed.
This is the second Tweet Flex has deleted in a week where he got called out for not knowing what he is talking about. Hey at least he is getting smarter about deleting Tweets when he is bs-ing.

P.S. Expect him to say I told you so if it’s a nothing burger even though he deleted the Tweet because he couldn’t stick to his guns….AGAIN.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose