Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he's guilty and if this rids us of Sarver, I'd say the price we'll have to pay is worth it. But it's not going to be pretty.

If it’s blatantly guilty, it will be swift and probably almost euphoric. The entire town hates him already. The Clippers used the Sterling thing to catapult them out of the first round and then every Clipper fan was stoked because they were the shiny new toy everyone with money was bidding on in LA.

I think this city would disown Sarver quick and then, with a young core and title contender, get super excited about all the protective owners. That was the feeling for Clipper fans when they finally exorcised Sterling... all three of them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN has said nary a word about this over three hours of NBA coverage.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I hope you're right. Usually when you get rid of one dbag there's another waiting in the wings to do worse.
Well, in my (wildest) dreams, I would love to see an ownership group put together with/by Jerry C. swoop in and rescue the franchise from the clutches of Snidely Sarver.

I know, probably a pipe dream... but it would be the ideal Hollywood ending for us long time Suns fans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in my (wildest) dreams, I would love to see an ownership group put together with/by Jerry C. swoop in and rescue the franchise from the clutches of Snidely Sarver.

I know, probably a pipe dream... but it would be the ideal Hollywood ending for us long time Suns fans.

God, that would be glorious.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like we're going to be dragged through the mud until either the league forces Sarver out or he gets voted out as Managing Partner.

That poll Jerkface put up about choosing a championship or getting rid of Sarver is looking a bit prophetic. Which of course means, we can forget about a championship anytime soon.
I had the same thought.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rowley’s statement could be accurate but it’s also a bingo card of familiar PR denials. Outrageous, biased, harassment, etc. It attacks the reporter and reporting and defends the Sarver he knows, but there’s nothing specific because the story isn’t out. Once it is we’ll probably move on to the “disgruntled former employee” phase. We don’t know how significant the story will be, or how it will be challenged, but there can’t be nothing there, so it’s going to be a mess.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its sad that people believe Flex. Dude takes selfies with fans at games who thank him for info.

He also claims that the story will be broken by ESPN early next week. As if people didn't know that. He doesn't say it but his "source" is listening to the Shultz interview by Gambo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will either go Weinstein or Depp.

Weinstein--other accusers start to line up while most employees stay mum.

Depp--sources line up to complain about the accuser while people come to Sarvers defense unsolicited.

I have no idea which. We tend to believe bad stuff about people we do not like, and not believe it about people we do like. While I would love to have a better owner, I would not want to have one because the old guy was slandered.

I do not enjoy this side of sports reporting at all.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this ends up being nothing, Sarver will essentially be bulletproof going forward. I fear that's the worst outcome here. We'll see, of course, but if he survives this then what can take him down? Even if real incidents surface in the future they won't be taken seriously unless there is some ironclad evidence backing them up.

This could cause him to become an even bigger ***** also since he'll know he's untouchable and saw the frenzy amongst Suns fans celebrating his downfall.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Eh, I can't really see any sufficient motivation for a national media outlet - or anyone else - to be focused on "taking down" Sarver, of all people, with false or inflated accusations. He is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of sports owners. Not to us here, obviously... but on the grander scale.

Sure, some portion of the substance of this is coming from a few disgruntled ex-employees. But that isn't likely to be the biggest part of the impetus for the story, or it would have broken years earlier when some of those people first lost their jobs.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is indeed real substance behind it. Whether it drives Sarver out of the NBA may be another matter entirely... it took forever and multiple issues to get rid of Sterling, after all. But it will undoubtedly continue to cement Sarver's reputation as one of the lousiest people in pro sports ownership.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I can't really see any sufficient motivation for a national media outlet - or anyone else - to be focused on "taking down" Sarver, of all people, with false or inflated accusations. He is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of sports owners. Not to us here, obviously... but on the grander scale.

I think this idea that it would be ESPN going after Sarver is being overblown. It's entirely possible an employee of ESPN, like Amin, who has a bias against Sarved could be preparing a hit piece on Sarver. That doesn't mean ESPN is after Sarver. It's just an ESPN reporter using his access for his own motivations. Will ESPN publish it? Possibly but again that doesn't mean they've focused their efforts on taking anyone down.

It's possible it's more than that. It's incredibly vague right now and not enough info is available to assume whether this is a concentrated effort to take Sarver down by any media conglomerate or if it's a reporter with a grudge. I'm leaning towards the latter because if it were a huge piece with piles of evidence then something would have slipped out by this point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this idea that it would be ESPN going after Sarver is being overblown. It's entirely possible an employee of ESPN, like Amin, who has a bias against Sarved could be preparing a hit piece on Sarver. That doesn't mean ESPN is after Sarver. It's just an ESPN reporter using his access for his own motivations. Will ESPN publish it? Possibly but again that doesn't mean they've focused their efforts on taking anyone down.

It's possible it's more than that. It's incredibly vague right now and not enough info is available to assume whether this is a concentrated effort to take Sarver down by any media conglomerate or if it's a reporter with a grudge. I'm leaning towards the latter because if it were a huge piece with piles of evidence then something would have slipped out by this point.

It's been mentioned over 50+ people have been interviewed so that is a concern if correct.

I think allegations not supported by facts is reckless. This should have never been made public until the story came out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s going to be the over by a mile...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been mentioned over 50+ people have been interviewed so that is a concern if correct.

I think allegations not supported by facts is reckless. This should have never been made public until the story came out.

50+ people interviewed but who knows how many have seen or heard anything inappropriate. It sounds trumped up.

I want Sarver out, I can't say that enough. I wished Ayton would bang his wife in the other thread and was only partially joking when I said that. That doesn't mean I want to see him fall as a result of a witch hunt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose