Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some Donald Sterling-type ish

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Welp..... If true my prayers have been answered. But since it would come on the heels of the massive pain and suffering he has truly caused people (not just my sheer hatred of his business acumen), I would be left feeling deeply sad and hollow about it.

Honestly, I hope this isn't true. The karma wagon for this season has taken a ton of blows already.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear more from Adrian Wojnarowski and Shams Charania.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just when you thought things were looking up. The Ayton contract and now this. If this is true it could force Sarver out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ha!

oh man... oh man... this is not the start to the defense of the WCF I was hoping for.

this story better have the LOCK-DOWN GOODS to destroy him if it's gonna be real. Nothing he can squirm out of to just have weighing down the franchise like an anchor forever.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If there is fire to this smoke but not enough to get him removed this is a lose-lose for the suns. It will be a distraction for the team and we will still have Sarver.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha!

oh man... oh man... this is not the start to the defense of the WCF I was hoping for.

this story better have the LOCK-DOWN GOODS to destroy him if it's gonna be real. Nothing he can squirm out of to just have weighing down the franchise like an anchor forever.
This is either going to force him out or it's going to be a massive PR nightmare as he wiggles out because the "evidence" is mostly circumstantial and not solid.

Either way? THIS IS BAD BAD BAD for the Suns and ANOTHER distraction.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The problem is buying Sarver out. The current ownership group could buy Sarver out. THe price may be too high and they may be forced to sell to get rid of him. I am just throwing out the possibility that current ownership could come to an agreement to remove Sarver. They would probably have to have Sarver agreeing to his removal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro tweet on the matter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is buying Sarver out. The current ownership group could buy Sarver out. THe price may be too high and they may be forced to sell to get rid of him. I am just throwing out the possibility that current ownership could come to an agreement to remove Sarver. They would probably have to have Sarver agreeing to his removal.

The NBA could temporarily run the team if necessary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean, other media people are already speculating he's going to be removed as owner?!

man, this better not be a tease. the franchise has already gotten killed nationally this week with the Ayton situation. If this is just "a really bad look" kinda thing and not the stake in the heart of his ownership, that will just be an even bigger black cloud hanging over the franchise.

what is this possibly going to be?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Statement from Suns forthcoming.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i feel like I have to get in my car and drive around town a little bit right now to hear WTF is going on.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I am not sure how I feel about this.

If Sarver would just sell and sink into the shadows I can't help thinking that would be really good for the franchise.

Somehow I doubt it goes down like that though. I feel like he is going to fight this tooth and nail.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose