Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet “Sarver bikini” is a popular search right now

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Context. I made it clear in my original post there were lots of possibilities about the contents of the report. In order for me to be fooled I would have to take a definitive position. For you to think I am fooled you would have to take the position that those comments only came from a few people. I clearly took the position that it all comes down to who is on record and what the NBA finds. Here is also what I said..............

- Sarver is an a-hole and doesn't appear to be a good guy. He runs a toxic organization that likely after this story will damage the Suns reputation. This part shouldn't be a surprise. We have seen his behavior reflect poorly on the Suns. We knew this.

- Some of this appears to be him joking in poor taste over and over.

- Some might be old school misogyny

- Some might be from disgruntled ex-employees.

- Some and possibly the most disturbing are the racist and sexist incidents in the organization.

- Is there enough here to force him out? Not sure. That's the NBA's job but that might be harder than you think. 70 people were interviewed. If MOST of these people with the most serious allegations are willing to put their name on record? Again...he should go.
At the end of the day this argument doesn’t matter, but when you say “70 people on record” there’s really no alternative interpretation.

And as we can see in the string of comments responding to rex’s tweet, lots of people are misreading the articles’ mention of 70 people interviewed as 70 people coming out with stories. It’s a lame construct used by the author to potentially inflate the appearance of the number of whistleblowers.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day this argument doesn’t matter, but when you say “70 people on record” there’s really no alternative interpretation.

And as we can see in the string of comments responding to rex’s tweet, lots of people are misreading the articles’ mention of 70 people interviewed as 70 people coming out with stories. It’s a lame construct used by the author to potentially inflate the appearance of the number of whistleblowers.
If put in context it's clear what I was saying. If you cherry pick what I said on a single post sure......I can see why you interpreted it that way. It should be clear now that the context was provided. I agree though that the article sounds more salacious if you include the number of people interviewed. I see what you are saying in terms of using that number to make it seem more credible. Bottom line is nobody knows. I even question if anybody will ever know. I seriously doubt the NBA is ever going to release details of what they find.

Something tells me ESPN is never going to release detailed statements of who said what and I doubt the NBA investigation does either.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's going to continue to frustrate me going forward. I pointed that out before the article came out when Schultz hyped the number of people spoken to in order to create the article. It's deliberately being used to trump up the accusations and it has set unrealistic expectations among a large portion of people.

I really hate how news is "reported" today. It's all devolved to salacious tabloid tactics.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect that was over 70 plus people interviewed not 70 plus people making allegations.

These comments by Devin Booker carried some weight for me although that doesn't mean things didn't happen.

By Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

“I wasn’t aware of the situation and in my seven years I’ve been here I haven’t noticed that but that doesn’t make me insensitive to the subject,” he said when asked about the accusation in the story from former head coach Earl Watson that Sarver used the N-word. “I think the NBA opened an investigation and they are going to do their due diligence of bringing out facts instead of he said, she said. I’m sure the NBA has it in good hands and will do the proper research to find out the truth.”

--------------------------------------------

“Earl? Yeah, that’s my guy.”

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect that was over 70 plus people interviewed not 70 plus people making allegations.

These comments by Devin Booker carried some weight for me although that doesn't mean things didn't happen.

By Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

“I wasn’t aware of the situation and in my seven years I’ve been here I haven’t noticed that but that doesn’t make me insensitive to the subject,” he said when asked about the accusation in the story from former head coach Earl Watson that Sarver used the N-word. “I think the NBA opened an investigation and they are going to do their due diligence of bringing out facts instead of he said, she said. I’m sure the NBA has it in good hands and will do the proper research to find out the truth.”

--------------------------------------------

“Earl? Yeah, that’s my guy.”

Very diplomatic and thoughtful statement by Book.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Didn't Dan Snyder just buy out his co-owners when things got rough so he could take total control?

That's what i see happening here.

I never knew I could hate an owner of a sports team so much. We literally have the DAN SNYDER of NBA owners.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very diplomatic and thoughtful statement by Book.

And I think Chris Paul took a diplomatic approach as well when asked about the Donald Sterling situation.

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

"I feel like situations are different," Paul said. "We dealt with that in that time when all of that happened. I think right now, like Book said, we're not insensitive to everything that was said, but we don't know all the details. So the NBA will do its investigation and in that time, all of us on our team, we'll continue to play and do what we do."

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I think Chris Paul took a diplomatic approach as well when asked about the Donald Sterling situation.

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

"I feel like situations are different," Paul said. "We dealt with that in that time when all of that happened. I think right now, like Book said, we're not insensitive to everything that was said, but we don't know all the details. So the NBA will do its investigation and in that time, all of us on our team, we'll continue to play and do what we do."

That solidifies the players are not going to try and force Sarver out. That also tells me they have their doubts about the veracity of the story as well. ESPN better have the goods to back this up or Sarver's legal team is going to have a FIELD DAY.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If put in context it's clear what I was saying. If you cherry pick what I said on a single post sure......I can see why you interpreted it that way. It should be clear now that the context was provided. I agree though that the article sounds more salacious if you include the number of people interviewed. I see what you are saying in terms of using that number to make it seem more credible. Bottom line is nobody knows. I even question if anybody will ever know. I seriously doubt the NBA is ever going to release details of what they find.

Something tells me ESPN is never going to release detailed statements of who said what and I doubt the NBA investigation does either.
Agree on all of this. Unless people come outta the woodwork and this snowballs into an avalanche. Then I think most people unmask.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That solidifies the players are not going to try and force Sarver out. That also tells me they have their doubts about the veracity of the story as well. ESPN better have the goods to back this up or Sarver's legal team is going to have a FIELD DAY.

I do think the weight of all the mud thrown against the wall will likely be Sarver's undoing as owner. The NBA probably wouldn't have started the investigation if there wasn't something to it. Other NBA owners might survive this but I'm not sure Sarver can. One has to wonder if the NBA is happy with him as an owner.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski talking about the Robert Sarver investigation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my humble opinion. I think Robert Sarver is capable of saying and doing things in bad taste but I never thought of him as racist.

I don't think these type of allegations will bring him down unless there is something in writing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith weighs in on the subject.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even Larry Fitzgerald among partners disputing allegations.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns being good and getting to the Finals really ticked off some former employees who couldn't get the job done when they were here is what I'm seeing. If it comes out he did say these things then see ya ...but until then it's all crap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also statements from Suns Vice Chairman Andy Kohlberg and ownership.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The investigation by the NBA could be a lengthy process but for the good of the franchise I hope they work quickly.

This dark cloud should not be hanging over the Suns franchise and Robert Sarver without a finding and resolution whatever that may be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns being good and getting to the Finals really ticked off some former employees who couldn't get the job done when they were here is what I'm seeing. If it comes out he did say these things then see ya ...but until then it's all crap.

This investigation apparently started before last season so not sure that theory holds water.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do know that Ryan McDonough was employed by the Suns May 7, 2013 through October 8, 2018 as the GM.

Earl Watson was hired by the Suns as assistant coach on July 30, 2015, later promoted to head coach, through October 22, 2017.

I'm not sure what allegations would go beyond 2013.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do know that Ryan McDonough was employed by the Suns May 7, 2013 through October 8, 2018 as the GM.

Earl Watson was hired by the Suns as assistant coach on July 30, 2015, later promoted to head coach, through October 22, 2017.

I'm not sure what allegations would go beyond 2013.
Well there's proof that 5 years can feel like 10.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson