Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I hope you're right. Usually when you get rid of one dbag there's another waiting in the wings to do worse.
Well, in my (wildest) dreams, I would love to see an ownership group put together with/by Jerry C. swoop in and rescue the franchise from the clutches of Snidely Sarver.

I know, probably a pipe dream... but it would be the ideal Hollywood ending for us long time Suns fans.

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in my (wildest) dreams, I would love to see an ownership group put together with/by Jerry C. swoop in and rescue the franchise from the clutches of Snidely Sarver.

I know, probably a pipe dream... but it would be the ideal Hollywood ending for us long time Suns fans.

God, that would be glorious.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like we're going to be dragged through the mud until either the league forces Sarver out or he gets voted out as Managing Partner.

That poll Jerkface put up about choosing a championship or getting rid of Sarver is looking a bit prophetic. Which of course means, we can forget about a championship anytime soon.
I had the same thought.

Western Font

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rowley’s statement could be accurate but it’s also a bingo card of familiar PR denials. Outrageous, biased, harassment, etc. It attacks the reporter and reporting and defends the Sarver he knows, but there’s nothing specific because the story isn’t out. Once it is we’ll probably move on to the “disgruntled former employee” phase. We don’t know how significant the story will be, or how it will be challenged, but there can’t be nothing there, so it’s going to be a mess.

Hoop Head

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Its sad that people believe Flex. Dude takes selfies with fans at games who thank him for info.

He also claims that the story will be broken by ESPN early next week. As if people didn't know that. He doesn't say it but his "source" is listening to the Shultz interview by Gambo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
It will either go Weinstein or Depp.

Weinstein--other accusers start to line up while most employees stay mum.

Depp--sources line up to complain about the accuser while people come to Sarvers defense unsolicited.

I have no idea which. We tend to believe bad stuff about people we do not like, and not believe it about people we do like. While I would love to have a better owner, I would not want to have one because the old guy was slandered.

I do not enjoy this side of sports reporting at all.

Hoop Head

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
If this ends up being nothing, Sarver will essentially be bulletproof going forward. I fear that's the worst outcome here. We'll see, of course, but if he survives this then what can take him down? Even if real incidents surface in the future they won't be taken seriously unless there is some ironclad evidence backing them up.

This could cause him to become an even bigger ***** also since he'll know he's untouchable and saw the frenzy amongst Suns fans celebrating his downfall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking8687