RM's Ridiculously Early Week 1: 53 Man Roster

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Aaron Donald. Call him a defensive end, call him a defensive tackle, call him an outside linebacker. I do not care. I call him a hell of a football player. He has the size, the athletic ability and the skill to be everything that Matt Shaughnessey brings to the table, but with much better ability at rushing the passer. You can line Donald up at OLBer in a 3-4, defensive end in a 3-4 or defensive end in a nickel package (i.e. a 4-2 front). If Donald is there at #20 the Cardinals take him. At worst the guy can be a versatile player in the defense at multiple spots, and best he is the pass rusher of the future for the team.

If he's available and not the pick, the board might blow up. :D Even as Keim is saying we need more length up front. Personally I think he'd start in a year at DE or DT. I know many like dumpster Dan but he's limited somewhat. We need a penetrator besides Washington up the gut.

Otherwise groom him for Docketts spot. Until then get him in there (OLB or DT) on passing downs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he's available and not the pick, the board might blow up. :D Even as Keim is saying we need more length up front. Personally I think he'd start in a year at DE or DT. I know many like dumpster Dan but he's limited somewhat. We need a penetrator besides Washington up the gut.

Otherwise groom him for Docketts spot. Until then get him in there (OLB or DT) on passing downs.

He can't step in for the Dumpster on running downs, but he could sub for Dockett who often lines up over centre on passing downs in place Dan.

Duckjake

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
green had leckey and hodel

And some goofball from Ohio State. I don't know why the Cards waste draft picks on Ohio State players. They always bomb. Comes from not playing any real competition in college. :p

seesred

Reaction score
Great read. You put a lot of time and thought with combing the draft with the players on the team already. I hope Winston is resigned. That does solidify the line. It also should allow Palmer that extra second to find open recievers, backs and Tight ends. Thanks for your insight.

GBR